SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    50 Meter Olympic Pistol Competition GONE
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

50 Meter Olympic Pistol Competition GONE Login/Join 
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:
I do not know if this has been posted.
JUN 26, 2017 — After the EGA in Munich - it seems 50M pistol is lost to the 2020 Olympics - it is indeed a sad day - I live in hope that the ISSF will reconsider - maybe one day when the President and secretary are replaced - new thoughts will prevail RIP Free Pistol - a true friend and great mentor of personal strength and individual growth.

I shot Free Pistol in the 60s and 70s... did not qualify ever, but gave it my best effort.

It is a fun, demanding and lonely sport.

As above, RIP Free Pistol - it will be missed!

It's sad indeed but I think the decision made some sense. It's a quota problem.There is only two pistol events for women but three for men and creating a combined event, either 25m RF or 50m FP did not make any sense, so the eliminated the FP. Now there is two for both. SSP and AP for women, RF and AP for men.
On the other hand, FP is a two hour drama between men and their pistols that is won by the mentally most stable guy, which makes it very difficult succeed and very boring to watch for that reason.

FP will survive. Sadly not as Olympic disciplne, but there will be still World Cups and World Chapionships.

I'm shooting 10m AP and I told myself that I will start FP when I reached an average score of 550 in three sanctioned Matches but without any hope to ever participate above a national Level.

Posts: 3773 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post