SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good bourbon flask?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good bourbon flask? Login/Join 
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted
I'm in search of a good bourbon hip flask. The last one I owned turned my Willett into gray trashwater in a couple hours. Anything out there that will avoid this?

Thanks!

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
This isn’t metal, so it won’t taint your Bourbon.

https://misc-goods-co.com/prod...s?option=black-flask

Nalgene also makes a plastic one, if you dint want ceramic.

Nalgene flask on Amazon

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Looking for one too.
Been looking at a Titanium one.
Supposed to not influence the taste.

Something like > THIS

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Also interested. Good post.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’ve had a Nalgene flask for several years. I don’t use it very often, but it does the job and doesn’t have an effect on the spirit in the flask.

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I have a silver plated flask, probably antique. What I like about it is the high relief mermaid (topless) on the flask. Probably wearing the silver off the girls boobs, but It amuses me. She keeps smiling so I assume it pleases her, too. I can see her from my seat here in the recliner. I'm easily amused to say the least.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I've got grandfather's flask. Nothing fancy, bought for a football game in the later 1980s. 10 ounce glass flask with a removable leather sleeve. It's been filled this past lustrum with 12-year old scotch but bourbon should transport fine. So that's it. A glass flask with heavy-duty cork-lined plastic screw cap should work. I did source and fit a new cap with cork when acquiring the flask, but caps turn out to be fairly universal in size and threading. And cork? But who does not have sheet cork at their fingertips, these days?

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Looking for one too.
Been looking at a Titanium one.
Supposed to not influence the taste.

Something like > THIS

Had no idea you could get titanium flasks... I think I'll give that one a shot.

I like the ceramic one but I'd like something that's portable for weddings, concerts, etc. I'm not a big "free beer & wine" drinker, but I still like to party...

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmoneybags:

I like the ceramic one but I'd like something that's portable for weddings, concerts, etc. I'm not a big "free beer & wine" drinker, but I still like to party...

I have this one for weddings, etc:

But for concerts, sports events, and whatnot you may consider plastic or ceramic for getting past metal detectors. I keep an all plastic one just for that purpose.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use this one by Vargo a lot. The titanium does not taint the flavor of the liquid. The built-in funnel is also super convenient. Pricey but worth every penny.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Stanley makes a great flask out of 18/8 stainless. Screw cap that has a gasket o
So it doesn't leak.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4784 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I have used an Oggi copper plated stainless steel flask to good effect. This is a good video. The Whiskey Tribe reviews flasks. Their lesson was that you need to clean the flask thoroughly before first use.

https://youtu.be/9Urn4PYijl0

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are links to some flasks for sale on that asshole's web-site. . .

Titanium flasks, in various shapes and capacities

18/8 SS flask wrapped in leather with three shot cups

Of course, this being a gun forum, one should definitely consider get a -

Pistol Flask

or a -

High Capacity Magazine Flask

Scrolling to bottom of any of these product pages will show additional product choices.

Posts: 3465 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
High Capacity Magazine Flask

will these accept Ranger plates