SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Derek Chauvin Trial
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 38
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Derek Chauvin Trial Login/Join 
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
Forgoing his $500 per hour consulting fee (his words) may be indicative of his motive.
Agreed he inserted an extensive set of exhibits also. I believe he, like the LA detective, are both looking to use this highly publicized case to establish notoriety. I believe Mr LA Detective won't find others wanting to hire him...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13953 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Based on the doctor's testimony, it is amazing there aren't hundreds, if not thousands of deaths in every BJJ or ground fighting class in the world. Roll Eyes

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chauvin Trial Day 9 – State’s Evidence Begins to Align with the Defense Narrative of Innocence

https://lawofselfdefense.com/l...rative-of-innocence/

Posts: 12679 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.drugabuse.gov/publ...s/drugfacts/fentanyl

Fentanyl works by binding to the body's opioid receptors, which are found in areas of the brain that control pain and emotions.

Its effects include extreme happiness, drowsiness, nausea, confusion, constipation, sedation, tolerance, addiction, respiratory depression and arrest, unconsciousness, coma, and death.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Attorney Andrew Branca: "Which is how Floyd died."

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from shipwreckedcrew

Tobin discounted the Fentanyl in his system because he said Fentanyl's suppressive effect on respiration is at its highest within 5 minutes after ingestion. So the longer the time gap between ingestion and death the less likely it is the fentanyl played a role in suppressing his breathing.

By not telling Tobin about the partially consumed tablets --WITH FLOYD's DNA ON THEM--Tobin didn't know that Floyd had ingested Fentanyl just minutes before he was handcuffed on the ground.

That fact would have clearly been relevant to Tobin's opinion about what contributed to Floyd's inability to breath, and HOW MUCH of that inability was the result of Chauvin's actions.

Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
When is the prosecution expected to wrap up their side? The defense questioning of most of the states so-called "expert" witnesses had to cast an awful lot of doubt in the jury's minds. I can't wait to see what Nelson has in store for the defense part of this. Might be quite a show.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Tobin stated that the number of breaths Floyd was taking determined the impact of fentanyl, so in his (Tobins) mind, the fact that pills were consumed during the arrest attempt is probably irrelevant.

I thought a side effect of the asphyxia was fluid build up in the lungs. A significant amount of fluid was discovered in the autopsy. I would think that would have large effect on the outcome, but I haven't heard it addressed.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I find it mighty suspicious that anyone, even an expert doctor, can extrapolate the exact measurements that Dr. did from videos. I expect the defense will shred a lot of that when it’s their turn.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
And some people believe this tripe. Try again with the "root cause" there, doc.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

"Its what caused his death, but it's not what killed him."

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll delete if you delete the quote...

I believe it is relavent as it is the same city, similar players...

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Testimony expected to end this week in the Chauvin trial.

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:

Clearly "racism" was the "root cause" of Floyd's death as it's impossible to quantify how much restraint could have been used safely to make the arrest without having the same ultimate outcome. When the answer to any question posed is "racism", experts of any sort don't need to base their opinions on actual evidence. Feelings will suffice. Roll Eyes

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Please explain the "root cause" thing if you will or can. Its easy to just assign it to them arresting him. He didn't want to be arrested so he fought with them. Their insistence on him going to jail (their job) could be said to have caused it. They were just doing their job, so he died. If you are of the view that they should have let him go because he didn't want to go to the pokey, yeah, they "killified" him. Not intentionally, but they should have mystical abilities and realized he was high as a kite and wanted to fight with their goal of putting him in the cookie jar until he cooled off. A classic case of different goals. They needed to get him off the street and to make the place safe for others. He wanted to keep the party going. Most decent folks agreed he needed to sleep it off. He and his supporters felt the party should go on. Isn't much middle ground.

If you'd let him up and go, he might have killified some innocent. That was our moderators/owners term, but I like it. Had that occurred, the dead folks heirs would have sued the PoPo for letting him loose. His supervisors would have then wanted to fire him for that. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. But if you step back for a second, the world is a better place with him in the ground.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:

And the follow up question to that..."Can you prove that assertion conclusively, and if so, why didn't you reflect that as the cause of death in your initial autopsy report?" Game over.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bigdeal,

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:

I would vote for his stupidity being the root cause. Bet there are others here that would agree.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think it's pretty safe to say that short of a public drawing and quartering of Derek Chauvin followed by hanging his dismembered remains for all to see, that Minneapolis is going to burn and burn hard. Frown

Nothing in this show trial matters to the BLM* crowd who just want to burn and loot with any excuse.

*Buy Large Mansions

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
The actual 'root cause' of Floyd's death, as with all the others, is his failure to comply with lawful orders, which led in short order to his (and their) death(s).

However, since no one accepts responsibility for their own actions, this cause will also be ignored.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I think it's pretty safe to say that short of a public drawing and quartering of Derek Chauvin followed by hanging his dismembered remains for all to see, that Minneapolis is going to burn and burn hard. Frown

Nothing in this show trial matters to the BLM* crowd who just want to burn and loot with any excuse.

*Buy Large Mansions

Don’t restrict that destruction to Minneapolis. Every medium to large city in the country will be in trouble.

Possible outcomes IMO:

Hung jury = will be treated like a not guilty, with rioting everywhere.
Not Guilty = horrible rioting everywhere. Total chaos.
Guilty of Manslaughter = rioting in Minneapolis and other BLM infested cities because he was not convicted of murder
Guilty of Murder = jubilant rioting in Minneapolis and other BLM infested cities

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post