SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    California new online ammo rule 1 Jan 2018
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

California new online ammo rule 1 Jan 2018 Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.c...on-sales-law-change/

new California law:

Come January 1, ammo purchased online can’t be delivered to your doorstep. It will have to be shipped to a licensed dealer that has been approved by the Department of Justice.

But dealers are still waiting for the DOJ to release its exact guidelines on who can supply ammo.

Starting July of 2019, California residents will need to have a background check prior to purchasing ammo.

Direct mail ammo sales are up 187 % this year in CA.

Posts: 19565 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The people who make these laws are not Americans. California is no longer part of the United States. I do not recognze it any longer.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Everybody here should be very, very concerned if this tyrannical law is upheld because if it is, your state is either next in line or 10 years away from seeing the passing of an iteration.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why would anyone choose to live there?

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PossibleZombie:

Because it's beautiful, the weather is fabulous, family roots, a really cool job perhaps.

There are tons of people who live their lives out of the political sphere and to a large extent just don't care about the things that may drive you or me over the edge of reason.

I live in NW Washington, about 35 minutes by water from Seattle. For fifteen years displaced Californians have infiltrated my community and in every single example that comes to mind it was economics that drove them to the drizzly north. Not taxes or cost of daily living but the fact that they could sell their modest bungalow in San Luis Nabisco for enough dough to buy a water front mansion and have enough walking around money to live like a princling. And with that done, they commence to make NW politics look like, wait for it, San Luis Nabisco. Plus, as soon as they move in they cut down the 90 year old cedars so they can see the street. Confused

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Everybody here should be very, very concerned if this tyrannical law is upheld because if it is, your state is either next in line or 10 years away from seeing the passing of an iteration.
Horse shit. Nonsense. Don't try to put the United States in the same league as New New Mexico.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

Not that I wish to see it upheld, but I wouldn't bet it'd go any further than the other un-American states, such as Hawaii, Illinois, New York, Maryland, etc.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I'm well provisioned. My heirs might have to figure out what to do with the rest of it.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The people who make these laws are not Americans. California is no longer part of the United States. I do not recognze it any longer.

Many who are trapped here no longer recognize California either. Frown

I used to joke that the problem could be solved with a neutron bomb in Sacramento, but there are far too many libtards who would just vote in more of the same. California is done. Frown

quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
quote:
Originally posted by PossibleZombie:

Because it's beautiful, the weather is fabulous, family roots, a really cool job perhaps.

Sounds about right. In my case, the family has farmed in Ventura County for three generations. The wife and I started farming in San Luis Obispo County 17 years ago. Among the many benefits, it is much more conservative than the southern counties along the coast. (wishful thinker, if folks moving your way from SLO are screwing things up, thank your lucky stars you aren’t getting folks from LA or the Bay Area.) In those 17 years the regulatory environment has changed enough to make farming not fun anymore. It isn’t economically impossible yet, but give them time. We live and farm on a little over 900 acres - ocean views, fantastic weather, extremely private, room to shoot and do a lot of what one wants without leaving home. If it weren’t for the wife and kids, I’d already be gone. When the youngest finishes high school and heads off to college in four years, I suspect the wife and I will have a heck of a battle. Oh, well..

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Come January 1, ammo purchased online can’t be delivered to your doorstep.

Who and how is this going to be enforced?
For smaller amounts, it seems impossible to stop... just as they haven't stopped the importation of other things they have banned.
You won't be able to order it online, but you will not stop people from bringing it in if it's cheaper elsewhere. Just look at the flow of out of state cigarettes into high tax areas.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24072 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Come January 1, ammo purchased online can’t be delivered to your doorstep.
Who and how is this going to be enforced?
The shippers and carriers will stop it. Don't think for a second that they cannot.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
In NJ you already need a Firearms ID card to buy ammo in person.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"...shall not be infringed."

You couldn't pay me enough to live in un-American places such as California and New Jersey. I'm ashamed to be associated with these states in any way. They are no longer part of the United States and they need to cut the bullshit and admit the truth- they do not believe in or adhere to the Constitution.

I coudn't be more serious.

SF Jake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

same in connecticut

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

Not that it's any better, but you only need an FPID for handgun ammunition.

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1449 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The only Goddamned thing I should need is a valid credit card or a fist full of money.

posted Hide Post
Californians; Buy reloading supplies before that is banned.

Posts: 12660 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just GTFO of New New Mexico and let the peasants continue to turn the place into a Third World shit hole. They're well on their way to doing just that.

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
How much more will it take, till people stand up in open defiance?

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
How much more will it take till people stand up in open defiance?
Considering the number of America-hating, illegal aliens that are infesting New New Mexico, there is no chance- none- that there will be any sort of popular revolt in that shameful excuse for a state.