SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daughter and Archery - Headed out for Nationals! Update page 2
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Daughter and Archery - Headed out for Nationals! Update page 2 Login/Join 
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Best of luck Maya!

Center punch 'em and make that bullseye weep! Cool

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Imissedagain
posted Hide Post
Let them loose ..... flying straight ..... and have fun.
Wheel bows at the Olympics!!!

Thanks for the equipment information and keep it updated please.
Lotsa new children in the family and we want our bows
to be of "Sig" quality. Wink
We'll need a progressive fletcher. Big Grin

There's a little bit of rebel in every American.

Posts: 499 | Location: South Florida | Registered: November 17, 2012Report This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Halfway through, lots of drama. My kid started off absolutely killing it. Drama with one of her bale.matez that is a younger archer. Seems she didn't want to lose to our daughter so she neglected to enter her scores electronically for 3 ends. My daughter called a judge and got it straightened out. But now it's become a distraction and she's pissed! Hopefully she channels it and delivers a beat down of epic proportions in the second round. Right now her per arrow average puts her on 2nd nationally.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11760 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Report This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
How does not entering the scores affect things?

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Report This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
It didn't affect her score, she called a judge and resolved the issue. It has become a huge distraction, gotten in her head and taken away from her mental game.

Posts: 11760 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Report This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
It's sad that a "competitor" would do such a thing, but on the other hand, this is exactly the sort of distraction that will toughen Maya for the episodes ahead!

Sounds to me like she handled it perfectly by reporting it to the Judging staff... Now dig down and get serious, Maya.

Your SIG family is rooting for you!

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Report This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
If bale-mate did it intentionally, that should be a DQ, don't let the door hit ya in the... teachable moment.

Unreal.

Go Maya Go!

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Report This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
The bale mate did not enter her own scores....? What? How does the scoring work?

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Report This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Two forms of scoring electronic and paper, in the event of a discrepancy, paper rules. Our daughter's balemate thought that by not entering scores for our daughter they wouldn't be counted. Our daughter did the right thing and called a judge to resolve it, her balemate claimed confusion over not understanding electronic scoring.

This is part of the tournament prep that we do for our archers, understanding scoring and keeping watch over what is being scored on your bale. We also encourage them to be the ones to enter scores. In my daughter's case today she had to call arrows rather than track scoring. She had 2 recurve archers on her bale that did not understand how to score a compound target.

I should probably be the bigger person and not rejoice in the fact that my daughter gave her balemate a 109 point beatdown today, but I'm not.

With 10 of the 14 regions complete for Junior Olympic Nationals, our daughter is currently sitting in 2nd place in the national rankings. It's going to be a very long week for me waiting for Nationals to conclude next weekend and see how her standing holds.

Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Mad

I know she has skills against soccer balls, but is there any way, given an appropriate broadhead, that she could take out Cheaty McCheatyface's daddy's tire as you were leaving the parking lot? Maybe from a position of concealment as you rolled by? A drive-by arching, if you will...

Probably a good thing I don't have kids, right?

Good on Maya for kicking ass (in competition)! Cool

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Report This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
We got the rest of the story from the judges this morning. Somehow our daughter's balemate thought that by not entering our daughter's scores, she could win. When our daughter called the judge over to resolve the scores her balemate was told by the judge to cease and desist her unsportsmanlike conduct or she would be disqualified for the tournament.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
From my knothole, at this level of competition, the cease and desist was unnecessary as immediate DQ should have happened period.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post