SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daughter and Archery - Headed out for Nationals! Update page 2
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Daughter and Archery - Headed out for Nationals! Update page 2 Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Throwback Thursday.

Two of my favorite pictures from Nationals last year seem appropriate today as we head out to the Junior Olympic and US Indoor Nationals at the US Olympic Training Center in San Diego this weekend. Our daughter has been training hard with levels of drive and determination at an intensity we haven't seen from her before.

She's confident, I'm nervous. It's going to be a hell of a weekend!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 2000Z-71,

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11760 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck Maya!!

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Go, Maya! Smile

God bless America.

Posts: 13482 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Report This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Go, Maya! Relax, Dad! Smile

Posts: 4817 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Show 'em how its done, Maya!

Posts: 518 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Report This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
hope you both have fun and bring how great memories. A trophy would be nice also.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
Git sum Maya, roll baby roll!!!!!!

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Let your arrows fly true Maya!

Posts: 13676 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Best of luck Maya!

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
You GO girl!!!

Rooting for you all the way...

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Report This Post
Picture of ed32hall
posted Hide Post
Congratulations all around!
Go get 'em Maya.

Sigs - Yes, I would like more German made Sigs

Posts: 2652 | Location: Formerly NW WA, now in SE TN | Registered: March 20, 2008Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Make it happen Maya. You have a lot of people rooting for you.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Nock! Fly! Bullseye! Go Maya!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Good luck & go get 'em Maya!!!!

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Report This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Does Maya know how big her following is her? Best wishes Maya, you go gett'm girl!!

Posts: 3850 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Report This Post
Center mass,
Armpit level...

Picture of greekfed
posted Hide Post
Good luck, Maya!

Posts: 3154 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: August 12, 2006Report This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
We're rooting for you.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Nock! Fly! Bullseye! Go Maya!

That's a good cheer, there.

Good luck, Maya!

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Report This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Good luck kiddo!

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Report This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the wishes for good luck. For those who want to follow, live scoring will be on Rcherz.

https://frontend.rcherz.com/en/competitions/list

It's actually 2 separate tournaments. Junior Olympic Nationals is shot on Friday and US Nationals on Saturday and Sunday. Our daughter is Maya Miller shooting in the Compound Bowman Female division. She shoots on the 1:00PM line in Chula Vista tomorrow and the 8:00AM line on Saturday and Sunday.

The one frustration with indoor nationals is that it is shot in 14 different sites on different weekends. It started 2 weeks ago and ends next weekend. So even if she absolutely dominates this weekend, we won't know her final ranking until next weekend when they shoot in Utah, Ohio and Virginia.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11760 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Report This Post