SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    We’re the Type of Americans They Want to Go Away
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We’re the Type of Americans They Want to Go Away Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Townhall.com
John Hawkins
December 10, 2017

I am the type of American they want to go away.

I get along with cops, soldiers, preppers and country boys -- the sort of guys who know how to shoot, know how to take care of themselves and would watch your back in a fight if it came to that. I don’t much like the government, but I do like small town government better than government in D.C. If someone has to be in charge, better the sort of guy you can run into at the grocery store who will give you an answer when you want to know why the potholes on your street haven’t been fixed. D.C.’s different. I know the Democrats there hate me because I’m a straight, white, Christian, Southern conservative and the people that run the Republican Party today would only care what I think if I had hundreds of thousands of dollars to give them. That’s why if I can make trouble for either group, I’m game.

There are always people in D.C. who think they have a better idea of what to do with my life and my money than I do. I don’t need any “help” from the government and I’m not okay with the government using my money to help people who should be helping themselves. When I want to give to charity, tithe to my church or buy Christmas gifts for a poor family, I do it. We may all have to pool our money to pay for street signs, the police and the military, but I don’t see any reason my money should go to people on welfare for years, the families of anchor babies or scammers doing Crossfit right before the government hands them a disability check for their “intolerable” pain. Go work for a living like the rest of us.

I believe there are only two genders and they shouldn’t be sharing a bathroom. Like all good Southern boys, I was raised to be a gentleman. I’m not okay with bosses who demand that women sleep with them to keep a job or Hollywood weirdos who ask actresses to watch them in the shower, but that doesn’t mean every woman is telling the truth. Go listen to Hillary Clinton for a while and tell me that we can always trust women to tell the truth.

I was raised to say “yes, sir” and “no ma’am” and I do, whether I’m talking to a CEO or an 18 year old kid making my sandwich at Subway. It’s too bad that we live in a society where basic respect for other human beings has been tossed in the garbage. NFL players disrespect the flag of the country that made them rich. Pampered Hollywood stars lecture us about guns while they’re protected by armed security. Liberals in the mainstream media lie to our faces on a daily basis and think we’re stupid enough to believe they don’t have a bias. Politicians who work for us tell us we’re what’s going wrong with America. We live in a society where the normal people who make America work put up with disrespect on a daily basis while we’re told that common sense is “triggering” for college students going to $40,000 a year schools. If those of us who work for a living have to listen to Lena Dunham, Barack Obama and Colin Kaepernick bloviate on, then Berkeley can endure a conservative speaking on campus once in a while.

I like church-going people. I like the NRA. I like the sort of parent who won’t tolerate her kid acting like a brat in public, the sort of person who flies a flag on his porch, works two jobs, owns his own business or who just takes responsibility for himself and his family. I don’t much care for people who are lazy, dependent on the government or who want others to do what they should be doing for themselves. Unfortunately, we live in a country where the government takes the first group for granted and uses it like a piggybank for the second group.

That’s not good, but it might be tolerable if our government at least did the basics well. But, is our border secure? Are we balancing the budget? Are politicians being responsible with our money? Do we have great public schools? How good of a job are they doing with healthcare? Are they protecting Social Security and Medicare for future generations? Are we taking care of our soldiers at the VA? Is the government staying out of our business?

We live in a country run by politicians and bureaucrats who can’t do anything right and yet they think the solution to that problem is to give them even more power over our lives. You feel the same way I do? Then you’re one of the Americans the elites in D.C. want to go away.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwood4
posted Hide Post
Well written. Cant disagree with anything in the article. We are certainly taken advantage of by our government to buy votes from those who dont pull their own weight, or demand to be catered to because they dont want to fit in with scocietal norms. Or at least what used to be scocietal norms. The liberals among us have been the squeaky wheel.
Time for us to stand our ground. Great article and thanks for posting.

Posts: 543 | Registered: November 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
That’s why if I can make trouble for either group, I’m game.
^^^This times 1k. They make our lives miserable/difficult, so we should do our part to return the favor.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Well said, thanks Jallen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Spot on!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
There is a word for that type of person....deplorable.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Spot on!

RMD
It is “spot on,” except I don’t address the “18 year old kid making my sandwich at Subway” as sir or ma’am.

Posts: 13237 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good read, thanks JALLEN

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Spot on!

RMD
It is “spot on,” except I don’t address the “18 year old kid making my sandwich at Subway” as sir or ma’am.

Agreed, but I do say please and thank you.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Nail, hammer, bang!

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:

I do. One of the problems I have run into with "kids these days" is at the drive through. Between whatever they have going on, and the speaker, I make the occasional mistake when it comes to identifying the proper sex.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
Amen to that!

Thanks for posting JAllen.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2086 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Spot on!

RMD

I do because in my experience, youth rise to expectations and respond well to respect and praise for good behavior. In many cases a show of respect has elicited an attitude change for the better. When I approach a group of surly young men, I address them with 'gentlemen' and a nod. Invariably I am returned with similar respect. Sir or ma'am may be aspirational increasingly in this culture, but it keeps the contact polite.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diversified Hobbyist
Picture of Steve 22X
posted Hide Post
That was a good read, thanks/

-----------------------------------
Regards, Steve
The anticipation is often greater than the actual reward

Posts: 2463 | Location: Wylie, Texas | Registered: November 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Spot on!

RMD

I often address these kids like that and the reaction I get is almost always positive. It brightens their day to be treated with respect and it costs me nothing to be respectful.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:

I do. One of the problems I have run into with "kids these days" is at the drive through. Between whatever they have going on, and the speaker, I make the occasional mistake when it comes to identifying the proper sex.

You and me both. It used to bother but now I see it as their problem if I can't tell.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
quote:
quote:
Spot on!

RMD

I often address these kids like that and the reaction I get is almost always positive. It brightens their day to be treated with respect and it costs me nothing to be respectful.

Agreed. There will be some that the well meaning is lost on, but for most, it helps their self esteem. Its just a form of respect, words, costs me nothing, and usually improves the service I receive.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Spot on!

RMD
Me, either. I'd probably use "young man" or "young lady" if appropriate, though. And always "please" and "thank you".

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
quote:
Spot on!

RMD
Me, either. I'd probably use "young man" or "young lady" if appropriate, though. And always "please" and "thank you".

flashguy

I start out with "sir" and/or "ma'am," but whether or not I keep it up depends on the level of mutual respect they show in return. Always "please" and "thank you."

quote:
I like the sort of parent who won’t tolerate her kid acting like a brat in public

A thousand A-mens to that! I absolutely SCOWL at parents who refuse to discipline their kids in such situations! And, if I can't leave and it goes on for any length of time, I'll let my feelings be known.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
quote:
Spot on!

RMD

flashguy

I start out with "sir" and/or "ma'am," but whether or not I keep it up depends on the level of mutual respect they show in return. Always "please" and "thank you."
I suspect I'm a lot older than either of you. (I'll be 80 in 9 days.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post