SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Clearest surveillance photo ever
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clearest surveillance photo ever Login/Join 
posted
http://www.nola.com/crime/inde...a_river_orleans_news

The story is just another shooting, but the photo is the clearest most incriminating I have ever seen. Usually it is a black and white blur of some dude in a hoodie. Would love a camera like that with HD definition. Anyone know what camera took that shot?

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Looks like his HiPoint jammed as well.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Looks like the pistol had a stovepipe failure to extract. It is a good pic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

He shot it dry, probably.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31383 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gangbangers do not practice malfunction drills at least in the Big Easy. The guy that shot the Medical student last year, attempted to execute the guy with a headshot after wounding him in the gut. His Tech 9 jammed and he could not clear it.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
This comment is probably going to sound crass but I noticed the perp had his finger indexed. Maybe he had some training

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
I remember having read about this program in New Orleans a few years back. I wonder if the camera was part of that system?

Posts: 7301 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

He shot it dry, probably.
Nah, I think there is a casing / stovepipe visible.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Strides have been made in the video surveillance realm. Good cameras have gotten cheaper.
I was checking into a hotel in Little Rock not too long ago and noticed the security camera monitor behind the desk....you could read license plates with it quite clearly.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
It might impress some here, but I'm not impressed. Twelve years ago, here in UK, I provided court evidence in the prosecution of a perp who had been caught on CCTV brandishing what appeared to be a Beretta 92F in the face of a storekeeper.

The camera was about twelve feet away from him, and I could clearly see the maker's name on the slide - Tokyo Marui. The court was shown the images.

It was an airsoft replica, but it didn't reduce his fourteen year sentence for armed robbery.

CCTV cameras have gotten a lot better with the advent of BluRay technology into CCTV, and the image that you are looking at here would have been a whoopee! well over a decade ago, but not now.

tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"That's crazy", one of them said.
No.... That's just NOLA.
My guess is he is jailed by Monday.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
"That's crazy", one of them said.
No.... That's just NOLA.
My guess is he is jailed by Monday.

"This is crazy. But I ain't seen nuttin".

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Actually, no. I think I've seen some that are clearer. But that will likely do the job.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
they better get whom ever painted that fire hydrant silver, as well

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It might impress some here, but I'm not impressed. Twelve years ago, here in UK, I provided court evidence in the prosecution of a perp who had been caught on CCTV brandishing what appeared to be a Beretta 92F in the face of a storekeeper.

The camera was about twelve feet away from him, and I could clearly see the maker's name on the slide - Tokyo Marui. The court was shown the images.

It was an airsoft replica, but it didn't reduce his fourteen year sentence for armed robbery.

CCTV cameras have gotten a lot better with the advent of BluRay technology into CCTV, and the image that you are looking at here would have been a whoopee! well over a decade ago, but not now.

tac

Yeah I heard that. It is impressive though for the pics I see here in the United States. Most are terrible. I read an article sometime back how the police in the UK also employ people who are skilled in recognizing people. They use them to review the tapes. They used the term "super recognizers". I will post this in another thread.

3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
Tac, Here in Arizona, were that Tokyo Marui 92F replica to be used in a robbery, it would still be considered armed robbery. If convicted, the defendant would be looking at significant prison time. My heart does not go out to the suspect in the case you cite....

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's running so fast his undies popped out of his jeans! Big Grin

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2876 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
they better get whom ever painted that fire hydrant silver, as well

They ran out of red gravel and had to use grey, so...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While on one aspect it's good there are cameras around

What truly scares me is just how much of a surveillance society New Orleans is.

There are over 4000 registered currently by private citizens feeding into databases, not just at the residence. NOPD added an additional 200 last year. I can't find how many NOPD really has

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post