SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jon Stewart speaks to Congress on behalf of 9/11 1st responders
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jon Stewart speaks to Congress on behalf of 9/11 1st responders Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
I searched, didn't see this posted yet.
I think Jon Stewart might have just earned a little bit of respect from me.
Jon Stewart is speaking to a nearly empty Congressional Panel concerning the victims of "The Pile" from 9/11.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...qsNvWuc&spfreload=10

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hudr,

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/4200057754

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
this one beat out the other by one minute. Smile

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
A stirring speech that I applaud. I don’t agree with a lot the man says, but I can’t disagree with anything he says here. Those people need to be looked after. Shouldn’t even be a question or a debate.

Posts: 17110 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Hats off to Stewart for both a good speech and sticking to this issue so long.

Also, noticed the absence of Houston’s embarrassment, SJL, who is on that committee

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
It should have been, which may have been his point, which I agree with.

Posts: 17110 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Jon, not John.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Jon, not John.

I know this, you know this....autocorrect on my iPhone apparently does NOT know this.
Fixing it now that I’m home.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
It should have been, which may have been his point, which I agree with.

No it should not have been. It should have been settled long, long before now. Nearly 20 years later, and still a debate, BS. I don't care if there is 100% rock solid evidence their sicknesses were caused by debris of the attacks, pay their medical costs now, even if it's all that is done, make sure their care is the best available.

It ain't hard to figure out. If ever there was a program worth over spending on, I can't think of what it was.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quite a few years ago, I journeyed to Washington, DC to attend the confirmation hearing for my sister, who had been nominated for a Federal judgeship. Fewer than half the senators on the committee attended mainly, I was told because there were no television cameras present. One notable exception was Senator Strom Thurmond but he was a lech and my sister is good-looking so I felt that explained that. One off topic note is that while standing on the corner outside the Senate building, waiting for the hearing to start, I saw this rumpled old man with bushy eyebrows standing alone on the corner waiting to cross the street. He was holding an equally rumpled old briefcase. He looked familiar and then it hit me. He was Edwin Teller, developer of the hydrogen bomb. I was floored and thought, "My God ! You're standing next to the man that invented the H-Bomb!" Quite a memorable experience.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Politicians are truly the lowest of the low animals crawling around on this planet. Exceptions are rare. And it's the reason Donald Trump was elected, because people are sick of the greedy, cynical egomaniacs in Washington.

Stewart's speech was heartfelt and brilliant.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Did the first responders in lower Manhattan not have city/state health insurance as a part of their benefit package?

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
This has been on Stewart's radar since he had his show....something he has been incredibly passionate about.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post