SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Share some of your local culinary favorites
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Share some of your local culinary favorites Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
Fried Mullet. Mullet netted in the Pensacola area have white meat; not the gray, greasy shit. They say this is because of the sandy bay bottoms. Had some for lunch at the Coffee Cup Friday. Yum.

Try getting into Chet's around lunchtime! Lines out to the road every day.

Used to be anyway when I last was living and working on Navy Blvd. That was 10 years ago though.

Chets closed when you left. Lunch at hole-in-the-wall Chets was always great. I had just finished my buttermilk-battered grouper when the waitress brought me the check:

Waitress: " Ya'll want some bananar puddin?"
Me: "Naw, I don't need any"
Waitress: "Honey, we don't sell 'nanner puddin on an "As Needed" basis"

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Friday fish frys, bratwursts, cheese curds (raw or batter fried), beer, and old-fashioneds!! #SconnieLove!!

I'm also gonna side with YooperSigs and culturally appropriate my adopted cheesehead brothers to the north and agree with the cudighis and pasties!!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Oklahoma Onion Burger.

Best burger ever.

Many people and places claim to cook an Oklahoma Onion Burger but they don't do it well, again the key is to have the onions sliced super thin.

If you're ever going through Oklahoma on I-40, stop in El Reno (25 miles west of OKC). There are several places open that have been in business and serving OOB's for many many decades and they do them right. Sid's Onion Burgers, established in the 1930's, is arguably the best.

This man speaks the TRUTH!!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post