SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    US is woefully ill-prepared for future battles...in EW
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US is woefully ill-prepared for future battles...in EW Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted
Really good albeit scary video, the fellow giving the lecture was at the UA front for several months. The Russians of course are using it and Syria as a proving ground and their Electronic Warfare capability far surpasses what we currently have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CMby_WPjk4

I recently read another article quoting in theater resources saying that in Syria our planes are having their GPS jammed and EW aircraft are being jammed as well.

Seems like every other US war we have focused entirely on the current one and let other priorities drop. Who needs peer to peer EW capabilities when you are hunting guys in pajamas and simple cell phones and UHF handhelds radios.....

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm sure we have nobody working on that, and if we did it would be front page news, telling everyone exactly what we have.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
RHINO,
Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Yeah, I'm sure we have nobody working on that, and if we did it would be front page news, telling everyone exactly what we have.

+1000. I wouldn't be shocked to discover we have weapons and capabilities no one will know about until the next major conflict when we mop the floor.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Seems none of that stuff worked too well a few months ago.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
knowing how disfunctionl our leadership in government is on the whole, it’s no wonder we are unprepared for global conflict or anything other than fighting in the Middle East. We can’t stop fighting amongst ourselves to focus on the real problems - the real enemies in this world.

We have GDC’s winning elections in major cities. We have social issues tearing us apart. We focus on gender identity and toxic masculinity. Who pisses in which restrooms. We’ve lost our identity as a nation and as a super power. We talk about CW2 having already started in this country. All the while, WW3 has already started.

It won’t be a pandemic that takes us down. It won’t be terrorism. We’ve already done it to ourselves, or let it happen. Most just don’t know it yet. Most are too stupid or ignorant to know they are the useful idiots in all this. Our schools and universities are turning out SJWs.

We are our own worst enemy.

I think Putin must be laughing his ass off every night before going to bed waiting for us to substantially collapse from within. If and when it happens, imagine the Russians taking Alaska? Hawaii? Texas? I bet most don’t think it’s possible. We have the threat of nuclear retaliation afterall. Do we have the will though? Are we willing to destroy the majority of the population on the planet because Russia swooped in and took over Alaska. I bet not.

What’s this got to do with EW? That problem is just a symptom. We have a lot of smart people. Scientists and engineers working on new weapon systems and EW. But so do our enemies. Who do you think trained them in our best engineering schools. I sat next to a lot of Iranians, Chinese, and Russian students in engineering school back in the day. Look at papers in IEEE journals (if you have access). Most authors have names I can’t even pronounce.

We aren’t the super power we think we are in terms of military technology.

In spite of knowing the issues with EW and our weaknesses we continue to focus on Network Centric Warfare. On having Private Schmuckatelly linked directly to the Pentagon. Pretty damn stupid if you ask me.

Anyway, we are in dire circumstances nationally and globally.

Just my $.02.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are we willing to destroy the majority of the population on the planet because Russia swooped in and took over Alaska. I bet not.

And I bet you are 110% wrong.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Rhino you're right again. We don't have anybody close to smart enough to figure this whole computer thingy out. THE.SKY.IS.FALLING!

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Are we willing to destroy the majority of the population on the planet because Russia swooped in and took over Alaska. I bet not.

Agreed. Not with Trump in office!

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
quote:
quote:

Agreed. Not with Trump in office!

Trump won’t always be in office. Unfortunately.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
It dosen't matter who is in office. NO ONE will just "swoop in" and overtake a US state. Your assertion is so stupid it's comical.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
It dosen't matter who is in office. NO ONE will just "swoop in" and overtake a US state. Your assertion is so stupid it's comical.

But can we just give them California anyway?

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
quote:

But can we just give them California anyway?

That's just crazy talk! Who would want it? Lol

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
What I want to know is how Dr. Karber can stand in 1 spot for an hour and never left his right elbow off the table.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
NO ONE will just "swoop in" and overtake a US state. Your assertion is so stupid it's comical.

depends on what 'swoop' means

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree nobody will just swoop in and do anything. I prefaced it by stating it as following a breakdown in this country as a result of CW2. While I don’t consider that as a very likely event the way most people think of a civil war, if it did get out of control I think we would be very susceptible to some outside intervention or whatever you want to call it. What Putin or China might try to do in that case who really knows. CW2 is probably not very likely but I wouldn’t put it at 0%. 30+ % of the country seems to think it’s somewhat likely. Ask me again after November. I might have a very different outlook.

Do you believe the potential of CW2 in this country is so stupid as to be comical? Let’s call it sustained, mass civil unrest to the point of crippling the normal operation of the country instead of CW2?

Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
quote:

Rhino you're right again. We don't have anybody close to smart enough to figure this whole computer thingy out. THE.SKY.IS.FALLING!

While I am certainly no chicken little and have no doubt we have TOP people working on this my point is once again we are behind the 8 ball.

We always work our way out.....sometimes it is rather painful

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The sky is falling................AGAIN!

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I firmly believe that by the time the public and world knows of particular weapons systems we are already 2-3 generations past in tested capabilities

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
quote:

While I am certainly no chicken little and have no doubt we have TOP people working on this my point is once again we are behind the 8 ball.

We always work our way out.....sometimes it is rather painful

What makes you think we're behind the 8 ball? No news articles saying how good we are? We're doing pretty well. I know we'll be fine.

Posts: 7523 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post