SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    .. and then you meet someone else on a flight.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.. and then you meet someone else on a flight. Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted
This time it was Jim Harbaugh, head coach, University of Michigan Football.

He was at the DFW airport preparing to board the flight I am on back to Detroit. Having coached there myself I introduced myself. We had a very nice 4-5 minute conversation. After I walked away he did a Happy Birthday video for a guy's best friend, took photos with several people and had other short coversations. Very relaxed, engaging, and accomodating.

Now he's a row ahead of me, opposite side of the aircraft. I helped him stow his bag as mine was in the way a bit.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37949 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You should have thrown the in flight magazine down the aisle and took the penalty. Big Grin

Posts: 466 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: August 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Were you wearing your Notre Dame shirt? Big Grin

Posts: 20066 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Were you wearing your Notre Dame shirt? Big Grin

No, but I also wasn't wearing my normal UM shirt. I almost always wear one on the flight home but due to the meeting I was in this morning I couldn't. The shirt was blue though and I had my UM backpack

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37949 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I met bo shambechler years and years ago in my uncles restsraunt, we got him to autograph a go blue bumper sticker for my dad.....my dad went to MSU.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I met Julia Child, the famous television chef and member of the OSS.

It was a chance encounter; the gate clerk upgraded me to first class on a Seattle to DC flight out of pity, as I was on crutches.

She was a wonderful traveling companion de chance. While she talked about cooking and her success as a television personality, she refused to talk about her service in the OSS, even though that was what I wanted to hear about.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31420 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
O-H

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1056 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My employment requires I travel almost every week, by air out of DFW. At least my company allows first class fares. I meet some "celebrity" on almost every other flight since Dallas is a large travel hub. Once, Emmitt Smith sat down in front of me, so I tapped the bottom of his seat with my foot until he turned around...told him I just wanted to tell my friends I'd "kicked his ass". He got a good laugh at that one. Really a good guy, and I've since done some real estate transactions with his development company.

Stay safe, Steve

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post