SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    S&W CEO Canned
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W CEO Canned Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bean357:
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:

So what will he do now? Perhaps focus on his teen daughter, an nationally ranked equestrian.

His daughter is a horse? Eek I'm sure that is a typo, ha.

I sure hope they do get rid of the lock. I might actually consider them again. S&W's were my true gun passion.

"equus" is the horse, "equestrian" is the person that rides them.

I figured the reason for termination is that he mis-pronouned a worker.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

So what will he do now? Perhaps focus on his teen daughter, an nationally ranked equestrian.

Confused

The common definition of the noun equestrian is someone who rides a horse.
Are you confusing the word with equine?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eat, sleep, fish.
Forced to work.
posted Hide Post
oops! Sorry Frown

The S&W was the reason this caught my eye. I adore my S&W revolvers. Apologies.

Posts: 715 | Location: MN | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Wondering if he was pitching or catching ..
Hummm....

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Definitely stealing signs.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
quote:

Confused

The common definition of the noun equestrian is someone who rides a horse.
Are you confusing the word with equine?

The young lady is an equestrienne, gentlemen.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
I have no clue on the reason for his dismissal and as such I won’t even offer a possibility. I’m a bit atypical for my age group in that I still like revolvers as well as semiautomatic pistols. However I won’t buy a current Smith revolver unless they get rid of the lock and at least offer something that resembles true blueing. Maybe they will follow Colt’s lead and bring back the true classic revolvers and pistols that sustained the company well over 100 years. But there’s always a few more versions of the shield and M&P to release.

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1894 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:

I was going to suggest the chairman-of-the-board's daughter, but yeah.

Maybe his son?

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
He is a Brit immigrant, with little knowledge of firearms, but an expert in plastic liners (garbage bags) formerly at Presto (Alcoa).

His expertise in consumer products would apply to the world of guns.

A top NRA donor and regular donations to PAC's opposing gun control.

Sales have dropped - was there an expected surge in sales? - stock is at $10.
Bound to be spun off to a private buyer?

The above is my opinion and speculation.

But it would be good to know the true of nature of the supposed 'unspecified corporate rule'.

The equestrian comment is interesting. Although Debney has been rumored as one who enjoys fishing in company waters, I suspect there may have been some illicit "horse trading" going on here.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Failure to use some snowflake’s preferred pronouns?

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post