SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LA Times: Want to stop gun violence now? Regulate bullets
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LA Times: Want to stop gun violence now? Regulate bullets Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Some Shot:
I got a whiff of those statistics as they went by.

I know where they came from.

My dog just blew some of the same statistics out his ass. Smelled about like the same as the article smells.

I blame all of this on modern medicine. In the past the gene pool was kept clean and deep to a big extent that stupid usually self regulates. But with the wonder of modern medicine, the gene pool is more like a kiddie pool in the back yard. And we are in a full on sprint to make it more like a slip n' slide if anything.

The movie Idiocracy, who knew it was a documentary? Better buy stock in sports drink companies and basketball short/jersey makers.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmm,

Then:

See it's real simple......you just ban balancing your tires.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Why bother? They banned lead smelters already. Soon there won't be any lead left for making bullets, and the world will live in peace.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
They banned lead smelters already.

Wow, who knew? Sounds like a subject for its own thread! Smile

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
I guess the fools at the LA Times have their heads to far up their asses to tell this guy to worry about his own shithole country.

This is after all, the newspaper who's editorial board republished it's own anti-Trump screeds into a book.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
What is an "unusually" dangerous bullet?

Black Talon redux.
Must be talking about those depleted uranium rounds. Roll Eyes

Come on gentlemen, its the LA Times. Anyone here really expect anything intelligent or coherent to come out of that group of clowns?

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Makes 32 rounds per person per year???? Man... people are slacking.... I buy enough ammo for at least 200 people a year.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Looks like I currently got north of 350 people covered...

I’ll try to 500 worth by the summer...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I have no idea of how much I have but its north of a hundred ammo cans full.
Smelted lead ,atleast a ton,finished bullets,probably several five gallon buckets.
Buckets of cleaned brass,powder and primers to finish the products
Its a life long hobby its what I do along with my gardening.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Let's just regulate bad guys; problem solved.

Some people will never realize that their reality is based on emotions, not logical reasoning.

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eponym:
Some people will never realize that their reality is based on emotions, not logical reasoning.

It's not that they don't realize, it's that they don't care. This isn't about reducing crime. It's all about consolidating power into the hands of an elite few.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
The U.S. imports ammunition from more than 30 countries. Russia is the top exporter of ammunition to the U.S., according to Small Arms Analytics. Between 2012 and 2017, Russia supplied Americans with more than 4.7 billion rounds. Mexican companies supplied an additional 2.2 billion rounds during the same period. These and other foreign suppliers can be taxed.

If we're going to be taxing imports based on some of it being potentially used for harmful purpose, how about Canadian newsprint? That can be used for misleading of the public, distribution of fake news, e.g. - Horrors! Wink

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I love how these cowards pontificate from the safety of liberal ass wiping rags like the LA Times. They wouldn’t dare get involved in a serious debate on the issue; especially when the possibility exists that they might be reminded that they hail from the recognized murder capital of the world. A place where gun ownership is so restrictive that it is nearly impossible to legally defend yourself without being a law enforcement officer or being in violation of the law.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15575 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
What is an "unusually" dangerous bullet?

Black Talon redux.

Must be talking about those depleted uranium rounds. Roll Eyes

I've always wanted some depleted uranium rounds, in case I have to take on a Cyberdyne T-800.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Ammo sales were logged up until 1986. It never did anything but add useless paperwork and never helped solve a single case that I can find documentation of.

And we have an installed base of millions and millions of firearms, and billions of rounds of ammo sitting in basements and garages... not to mention the likely ease of counteracting any stamping mechanism in new production guns.... the entire idea is ridiculous to anyone with a room temperature IQ.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post