SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chick-Fil-A Spicy Chicken Sandwich
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chick-Fil-A Spicy Chicken Sandwich Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Does anybody have a recipe that approximates the Chick-Fil-A spicy chicken?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Start working out h this.
Same club knock offs

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
quote:
Same club knock offs
I am not a Sam's club member. I don't know whether they offer a single visit "trial" pass without buying a membership.

I was really looking for a recipe to prepare at home.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sam the Cooking Guy!!!

https://youtu.be/1WDesu7bUDM

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
Sam the Cooking Guy!!!

https://youtu.be/1WDesu7bUDM

Just found this channel a few weeks ago. Sam is Awesome!

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Great. Now I have to go to Sam's Club.

That griddle in the video looked really nice, so I looked it up. Holy chicken sandwich Batman, $4,000.

On a sidenote, youtube closed captioning had a Sean Connery on Jeopardy moment when the the guy talks about the fried chicken's "Chris penis".

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Would rather have it on a biscuit than a sammich. But that's just me... Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sam the Cooking Guy is solid.

Josh is more technique oriented but, just as good, I'm not crazy about using the biscuit but, use whatever bread type you like. The spice portion of the marinade I used jalapeño powder and for the dredge, I used Trader Joe's Umami Powder in place of the mushroom powder he uses...same thing it goes with everything.

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Hell, now I'm going to have to hit Chick-Fil-A for lunch.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
The Chick-Fil-A recipe also needs to include dipping the bun in dishwater before serving. It gives it the always present gooey wet texture they seem to excel in. I've only had 3 of them and I swore never again. My wife won't go back because of the scene I'm going to cause when they hand me the tray and without leaving the counter, I'm going to open my sandwich and point it out to the manager.

Even McDonalds can do a better job, as can Wendy's and a few others.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Think I'd just drive over to the ChickFilA and get me one, lot less work and ya get outta the Hanger...

Posts: 23402 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
This might help you get started on your version of the recipe.

https://copykat.com/chick-fil-a-sandwich/

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Sam the Cooking guy definitely got it right with the brine. They DO use pickle juice to brine their chicken. That much, I know. Whether they use buttermilk, I know not.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
If you want spicy chicken for a sandwich...check out Sam’s recipe... I have used this and with boneless skinless thighs and it is delicious Big Grin...I think the thigh is the best part of the chicken...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/8MgDVxKsLlw

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:

Same club knock offs

No. Just no. I bought a package of the sandwiches figuring there's times during the week we don't have a lot of time to get my oldest son to practice and it'd be a nice change from a PBJ or a Lunchable.

I've had 4 trying to figure out the right microwave setting and have come to the conclusion that there is no setting that's going to make these anything better. They are edible and they haven't made me sick, but they are in no way a substitute for the real deal. If all I had left were these and dog food, I might hope the dog liked chicken sandwiches.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Same club knock offs

My wife brought some of these nuggets home and cooked them in the oven. IMO, they do not in any way, shape or form approximate the CFA product. The nuggets tasted like they dipped frozen nuggets in pickle juice, and it wasn't my thing. YMMV

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
The Chick-Fil-A recipe also needs to include dipping the bun in dishwater before serving. It gives it the always present gooey wet texture they seem to excel in. I've only had 3 of them and I swore never again. My wife won't go back because of the scene I'm going to cause when they hand me the tray and without leaving the counter, I'm going to open my sandwich and point it out to the manager.

Even McDonalds can do a better job, as can Wendy's and a few others.
CFA may dip the buns in water (I don't know), but I would bet that it is NOT dishwater. Your dislike of their sandwiches is noted, but your attempt at humor is poor. IMO, CFA is one of the best things to happen to "fast food" in a long time--good food, excellent service, clean facilities.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Same club knock offs
I am not a Sam's club member. I don't know whether they offer a single visit "trial" pass without buying a membership.

I was really looking for a recipe to prepare at home.

They did late last year.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Tagged for Sam's recipe. Looks awesome!

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7506 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post