SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bradley Manning files to run for US Senate seat in Maryland
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradley Manning files to run for US Senate seat in Maryland Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Hang on, can it even run for office? Its been to prison.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
A convicted felon can run for congress, but the house or senate can decide that they cannot serve if they win.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4790 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
If he wins, I suppose he'll be the first person convicted under the Espionage Act to regain a security clearance.

Posts: 6064 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
If he wins, I suppose he'll be the first person convicted under the Espionage Act to regain a security clearance.

I don't see what could go wrong there.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16406 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I am curious to see how much support...she...gets. With any luck she'll simply be ignored by all but sub-1% of the population, but I won't count on this.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
splendid,but I think its just for campaign funds,don't see any marketable skills elsewhere

Well, he could be a Harvard visiting distinguished dignitary (douche).

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Is this a great country, or what?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was only a matter of time. You ALMOST want to feel sorry for such a pathetic individual; impressionable, malleable, gullible...the perfect useful idiot for a deep pocketed ideologue looking to make waves.

Posts: 14671 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
He's going to have a hard time rising to the challenge.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Bradley Manning yearns for an incoming missile and oh my he hopes it's certainly not a false alarm.

Posts: 107683 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Already has a history of indecision.

Posts: 13746 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
I ain’t calling ‘IT” a she!

You can not change your sex!

He is sick in the head.

He deserves to be pounding rocks!

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, his name is Bradley Manning, and he feels pretty.

Posts: 107683 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I'm confused. First, I hear about Chelsea Handler, then I hear about Chelsea Manning. Or is it Chelsea Clinton? One thing's for certain: There are too many whackos named Chelsea running around.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's a real conundrum for the likes of CNN.

If they don't support him, they'll be, by their own standard, homophobic and transphobic. If they do, they'll be supporting a proven risk to national security.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If they don't support him, they'll be, by their own standard, homophobic and transphobic. If they do, they'll be supporting a proven risk to national security.

If you put it that way, it is apparent where their priorities are.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe this person is not qualified for the position as they will need to be able to obtain a security clearance. Since this person has been put in the brig, I do not think this person qualifies. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3071 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I've posted before that my daughter was in boot camp with Manning at Ft. Leonard Wood. She said he cried like a little girl every single day, and that every member of her platoon literally wanted to kill him by the end of boot camp.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Publicity or some other kind of stunt. Who knows what is going on in his fucked-up mind. He is no more likely to run, let alone win, than Oprah for president.

Posts: 27977 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Fuck that guy...er...whatever.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17293 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post