SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jeff Flake spotted at CBS offices, suggesting TV career may lie ahead
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jeff Flake spotted at CBS offices, suggesting TV career may lie ahead Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
GDC news is the perfect spot for that douche bag RINO
quote:
Jeff Flake spotted at CBS offices, suggesting TV career may lie ahead

Ronald J. Hansen, Arizona Republic
Published 4:06 p.m. MT Jan. 10, 2019
Updated 4:22 p.m. MT Jan. 10, 2019

A day after formally leaving the U.S. Senate last week, Jeff Flake was reportedly spotted at the New York offices of CBS, suggesting he could be in the running for a job with the network.

The ​​​​​Hollywood Reporter noted the Friday sighting and reported that CBS News "has engaged in talks with the Arizona Republican about a role at the network."

"Flake could serve in the standard role for ex-politicians, as an on-air contributor — or as something more," according to undisclosed sources cited in the report.

Flake, 56, could not be reached for comment about the career speculation Thursday.

Flake, a one-term senator who decided in 2017 not to run for re-election because of anemic poll numbers within his own party, has been talked about for other possible TV gigs, too. The Daily Beast reported last year he had met with officials at CNN and MSNBC.

Flake's standing in the GOP plummeted after repeatedly criticizing President Donald Trump, largely over his rhetorical style and the effect it has on national norms. Trump frequently ridiculed Flake over the dissent and weighed in on the eve of Flake's departure from the Senate.

"Jeff Flake is now selling real estate, or whatever he’s doing. He’ll probably go to work for CNN. That’s my prediction," Trump said during a Jan. 2 Cabinet meeting.

Flake denied interest in having a show of his own in comments to The Hill last month.

"I don't want to work that hard," Flake said, adding that he was more interested in working on corporate boards and exploring other opportunities.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Appropriately named, although I think him to be a bonafide A-hole

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
So now CBS is expanding to include Flake news?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He got his sweetheart deal when he snuck out of the Senate Judiciary committee room with the lib senators during the Kavanaugh hearing. Worthless SOB.

Posts: 327 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jasonthechief:
He got his sweetheart deal when he snuck out of the Senate Judiciary committee room with the lib senators during the Kavanaugh hearing. Worthless SOB.

Bingo. He was trolling for a signing bonus.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
The Flakey Fuck Show, coming to a channel near you soon.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
So now CBS is expanding to include Flake news?

2 points for Mr. Ozark

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
What, CNN wasn't good enough for him Mad

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Ah, yes, Dan Rather's old outfit.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
it never ceases to amaze me how worthless parasites who contribute absolutely nothing to their own or their society can live and thrive in this world. i will never understand that except that it is based on selfishness, deception, and evil. what a pos.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I don’t care for the man atall

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
With McCain gone they need another "republican" President Trump basher.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
See BS, the home of the false George W. Bush National Guard story, which was debunked within hours of the story airing. And they want to "fact check" the current president. Roll Eyes

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
“Jeff Flake is now selling real estate, or whatever he’s doing.”
Quote of the day from Trump Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah like they really need another commentator bashing Trump.

Flake is such a pos.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Another McCainlike piece of crap.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
Another McCainlike piece of crap.

Without any of the marginally admirable qualities.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Senator Flake spoke at my daughter's recent college graduation, and I was not impressed at all. I'm all about short speeches, but you'd think a senator would talk longer than 5 minutes. But to his credit, at least he didn't make it political, just stayed with the "congratulations and welcome to the grown up world" kind of speech.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
From US Senator to a cheese-dick fake news tv host - about sums up his capabilities.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All I can cay about Flake is F*CK FLAKE and the rest of his ilk. And the traitor McCain will always be on my SH*T list for being the lone hold out vote on repealing Obama Care. SCREW these RINO Piece of SH*T.....

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post