SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Extereme mountain bikers.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Extereme mountain bikers. Login/Join 
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted
Anyone else lean to the right watching this?

https://youtu.be/zq7zx3qpO78?t=3m47s

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am damn glad I got old before this started becoming a "thing"

I am just stupid enough to buy a bike and drive out there,
chances are I would have chickened out though

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Just the first 45 seconds makes me want to throw up.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
literally leaning to the right as hard as I can

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
check out the Red Bull Rampage MTB videos...definitely a thrill.

Houston Texas, if the heat don't kill ya, the skeeters will.

Posts: 359 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watching that gave me chills. It looked like a fun place to ride, but stay the fuck away from the edge.

A little farther ahead in the video and it shows someone getting their skull bashed in by a tire coming off the highway. Pretty sure that person is dead, as stiff as they were when they hit the ground.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Nope, and hell nope, with a six-pack of nope, chilled in the nope fridge.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I used to be that stupid many years ago. Big Grin

You can hear the wind in that video, and most likely, it's blowing from the left to the right - an updraft coming up from the depths below. This would mean that the riders are pushing against the wind, which would also mean if the wind let up even for just a split second, the let-up might cause you to go leftward.

Even though the OP mentioned leaning toward the right just from watching the video, I STILL caught myself leaning to the right! LOL!

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
There is dangerous and then there is pure insanity. Guess what category I think this falls under.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I do not see ANY reward for such a stupidly dangerous activity.
I must place a lot more value on my life than to risk it over riding a dumb child's toy.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bet their half-lives are pretty short.

Posts: 991 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hambony:
check out the Red Bull Rampage MTB videos...definitely a thrill.

I was just thinking about that. This is nothing compared to what pro-downhillers are doing these days.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
Skip forward to 6:00 into that video on YouTube. Talk about aa freak accident and being in the wrong place at the EXACT wrong time.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post