SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Modular ladders - Little Giant
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Modular ladders - Little Giant Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I have one of the bigger ones. Very versatile and useful but really heavy.

Be VERY CAREFUL raising and lowering it. They will bite a finger in a bad way.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
But I have never seen one that remotely was an advantage at 25'. Heck I have never seen one remotely that large. I'm not saying it doesn't exist as I've never checked, but it would really be a beast. And its load rating I suspect would be problematic.

Little Giant offers a 22' and 26' version.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK. I took a quick look since I think it would be ungodly heavy, but I don't see those on the official web site. FWIW> I'd never consider one at that height simply for the weight issue. I have a 15 ft one now and I will always choose an extension ladder if its even close since the weight difference is huge.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I've had one for years and like everyone else, I think it's heavy but a great ladder.

I think mine is a 17'.

I've used it fully extended as an extension ladder before. It was a little bouncy but fine.

It's heavy enough and enough extra work to set up that I've been thinking about buying an 8' fiberglass step ladder for stuff like changing light bulbs and air conditioner filters around the house (high ceilings).

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I have had one since 1999 still functions like the first day I got it. I am 270+-lbs have always felt secure on it. I have a Warner small one for the motor home that is just as secure and solid. They are heavy, it just kills me the commercial where the woman just picks it up and walks effortlessly away....I ask myself how in the hell does she do that and smile at the same time. The platform is a leg saver for long tasks.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
I've had my 17 foot one for many years.
The model before they put wheels on it. Never had a glitch.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Another 17' here. Love it. While it's almost as heavy as the extension ladder it replaced, when it's folded it's a lot easier to maneuver. It hangs vertically on the garage wall vice taking the whole wall horizontally.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the Costco one on sale maybe 5 years ago, still use it all the time. Lots of accessories for those little Giants if you need them. I'm happy with mine, it's is on the heavy side but it is versatile.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the knock off version several years ago and have been happy with it. I have the short version and wish it was a little bigger. It can be a little heavy and awkward to set up in a hallway but for an average homeowner who only wants one ladder its the way to go.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
The Navy started buying them many years ago...Its probably the only thing I've never seen a Squid break.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post