SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "You shoulda sent it sooner...." (FUNNY)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"You shoulda sent it sooner...." (FUNNY) Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted
I hadn't listened to this in a long time. It made me crack up all over again. The woman who first places the call sounds so polite and settled, and in a few minutes Willie reduces her to a screaming banshee psycho! It makes me laugh so hard my sides hurt.

And then, afterward, I feel a little embarrassed. Like maybe there's something wrong with me for thinking this is so funny. Well, maybe there is. But maybe there's something wrong with you too.

See if you can listen without cracking up the third or fourth time Willie says "You shoulda sent the damn thing sooner."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_9WN_9D2nY

"I ain't some hula-hoop eyed turkey neck lookin jive turkey." Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I laffed. Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
"You lunkhead". I gotta add that to my vocabulary.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
was worth the listen, I cracked up. I forgot about those guys.

Posts: 5405 | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
This is the funniest prank call I have ever heard. Crank Yankers is definitely adolescent, but Tom Mabe was a brilliant improv artist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq8MbttjZ3Y

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
This was Sal and Richard crank call on the Howard Stern show.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Before Crank Yankers, before Willie P. , there was John Bean.

NSFW,NSFW,NSFW,NSFW,NSFW,NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLBGpbSSC3g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDUmKPn5vUw

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
"You lunkhead". I gotta add that to my vocabulary.

You've never heard the term "lunkhead?"

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sadly,he is living in Texas and has not been exposed to the vibrant vocabulary of the average California citizen.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I have seen it in Archie and Jughead comic books back in the 1960s. But it isn't part of the vernacular in the region wherein I dwell.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
NSFW NSFW

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

Sadly,he is living in Texas and has not been exposed to the vibrant vocabulary of the average California citizen.

Hmm, I've never heard of this term until now.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sonoma County, CA according to Orguss. Could be USPS language as well.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post