SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another Reason to Ditch ESPN
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Reason to Ditch ESPN Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Keith Olberman signed a contract to return.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Wow! That's just insane.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fill your hands
you son of a bitch
posted Hide Post
It won't last. That dumbfuck will go down in flames, he can't help himself.

Posts: 459 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm a huge sports fan (see screen name and avatar). I haven't watched ESPN (outside Redskins games on MNF) since he was on SportsCenter the first go around. That should tell you something. It's a flailing, failing business model and will be even more obsolete in the next decade.

Fudge them.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Maybe they're trying to compete against MSNBC Wink

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Maybe they're trying to compete against MSNBC Wink

They seem to have gone left of MSNBC.
MSNBC doesn't claim to be covering sports or just news, they are mostly political commentators with an agenda..

Posts: 9502 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hooch:
It won't last. That dumbfuck will go down in flames, he can't help himself.

One would hope, but someone just gave that racist trash Ja-millie what's-her-name an award so you never know.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Very good article this week from WSJ regarding the demise of ESPN.

Link

Politics, economics, and arrogant marketing strategies. Fuck ‘em.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Extraordinarily
Stupid
Political
Network

'nuff said.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I'm a huge sports fan (see screen name and avatar). I haven't watched ESPN (outside Redskins games on MNF) since he was on SportsCenter the first go around. That should tell you something. It's a flailing, failing business model and will be even more obsolete in the next decade.

Fudge them.

I'm like Skins2881 (for those not in the know, the numbers 28 and 81 refer to Redskins HOF'ers Darrell Green (28) and Art Monk (81) ) - ESPN is off the channel list for me except when the Washington Nationals play a network game. Even then, the broadcast team is a miserable collection of voices that barely know the subject matter. Give me the local broadcasts, any day!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Waaaay back when I felt like I turned on ESPN and got actual sports stories, I used to love to watch this guy's schtick. His snarky quips were entertaining as related to sport.

Then he became too important for such trivial matters as sports, and needed to express himself on a political scale, and I've never been able to stand the man since.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With ESPN recent history politics wise, they deserve him and and also the viewers who'll leave.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Lest we forget the racist, Jemele Hill. She likes to pout about white privilege.. Loathe the network...

Posts: 13810 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Fuck ESPN & fuck that liberal blowhard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When he and Dan Patrick were paired, they were good ...then as slabsides45 pointed out, he just couldn't help himself and had to interject his political/social POV. Somehow this guy keep finding friends that rise to important positions at ESPN as he's been fired TWICE from the network.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post