SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    toothpaste help
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

toothpaste help Login/Join 
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted
Maybe I'm the only one on the planet with this issue and if so I'll just suck it up. It seems that any toothpaste I try just doesn't dissolve in my mouth. I will brush for the two minutes and still have small solid paste or gel in my brush. I assume ultimately this could become a drain issue too. I'm only putting a modest amount on my brush. But what happened? Back in the day after a few seconds of brushing I had a mouth full of foam. Anyone else had this problem? Did you find a brand that works better?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Sonicare plus Arm and Hammer works for me.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Xerostomia?
Some medicines cause dry mouth.
Ask your pharmacist for advice.

Less is more.

Posts: 3995 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Archie Teuthis:
Xerostomia?
Some medicines cause dry mouth.
Ask your pharmacist for advice.

I was somewhat suspicious of my meds but my mouth never feels dry. But that is good advice.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Sonicare plus Arm and Hammer works for me.

Funny how you mention Arm & Hammer (baking soda). Since the first of the year, I've returned to using it (used as a child, but changed during later youth) and feel much better about my mouth and general well being. My wife is even impressed by its results.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Are you thawing it enough before you use it?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I like like "Aim" myself. It is very cheap and it works very well for me. I also like the name Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Do you wet the toothbrush with water before you put the toothpaste on it or after or both?

Do you put the toothpaste on the toothbrush bristles and do you brush vigorously against the enamel of your teeth?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I like Sensodyne for this reason. Other toothpastes sometimes just fall off the toothbrush.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
No brand affiliation, but any variant of Sensodyne should work just fine - wet the brush, apply a small amount (pea sized), rinse and brush. If you do have mild or moderate xerostomua, you might try Biotene also.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Do you wet the toothbrush with water before you put the toothpaste on it or after or both?

Do you put the toothpaste on the toothbrush bristles and do you brush vigorously against the enamel of your teeth?

I think I wet the brush both before and after. I will pay more attention. Then I brush vigorously. I've got a cheapie electric brush that spins and oscilates too.

Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Toothpaste really isn't even necessary for tooth cleaning. It probably falls more in the "cosmetic" realm than actual "cleaning". A good brush does most or all of the job.

https://www.dentalbuzz.com/201...more-harm-than-good/

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Check the expiration date. Wink

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Check the expiration date. Wink

Nope. Not that. Different tubes, different brands.

posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOy6W5vjGCE

Smile

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54604 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I went from crest total care to Sendsodyne myself. Good stuff.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I like Sensodyne for this reason. Other toothpastes sometimes just fall off the toothbrush.

We have a winner. This stuff is thinner right out of the tube. And it foams up like I remember back in the day. Nothing in the brush when I take it out of my mouth. Thanks gang.

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
People use way too much toothpaste, evidence there's usually a lot getting spit out. About 1/4" squeeze along with some aggressive brushing and flossing is all that's needed (according to my hygienist) followed by a rinse if you so choose. I use the rinse which has a bit of H2O2, let it work for a minute or so then water rinse.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Oh oh, that means your going to die........someday. ;-)

Posts: 1088 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I have used Tom of Maine for years with great results.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post