SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Checking into Hospital tomorrow
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Checking into Hospital tomorrow Login/Join 
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Sending good thoughts your way, NavyGuy.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
will be having a pulmonary thromboendarterectomy (PTE) to remove blood clots from my lungs as well as a little work on my heart since they'll have my chest open.

Very interesting. I’ve been a cardiologist for 34 years, and I’ve never heard this phrase used before. Eek
Best of luck, shipmate!

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Best of luck, prayers sent!

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:
will be having a pulmonary thromboendarterectomy (PTE) to remove blood clots from my lungs as well as a little work on my heart since they'll have my chest open.

Very interesting. I’ve been a cardiologist for 34 years, and I’ve never heard this phrase used before. Eek
Best of luck, shipmate!

Yeah. I've got a bit of arterial blockage that would have normally been addressed with stints, but since my lung pressure is so high they didn't want to aggravate it by opening up the plumbing before clearing up the clots. So they'll address that, probably with by-pass at when there's a lull in the action on the lungs procedure. I guess this is how it works.... I've had a lot of information channeled my way in the last 6 months and sometimes details get mixed up. Anyway, the Drs and surgeons at UT Southwestern seem very competent.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
All the best to you NavyGuy!

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
best wishes NavyGuy, in thoughts and a prayer,
whats your first name?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My prayers, too.

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Best wishes, and speedy recovery.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our prayers are offered up ....

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just An Old Guy
posted Hide Post
Prayers up.

What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Posts: 1975 | Location: VA | Registered: November 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Good luck!
I'll be thinking of you.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
So, other than your lungs and heart, everything’s fine?

Sorry, I sincerely hope you can smile at that lame attempt...to make you smile Wink

Best wishes for sailing through the ordeal (get it, “sailing?”). I got to get these out, when they put your zipper in, I expect it’ll hurt to laugh for a couple days. You got this

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I made it through the surgery.
5 days in icu and now another 3-4 days in regular room recoping. Open chest surgery hurts like hell. I hope this gets me back to my old self.
Yes

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
I made it through the surgery.
5 days in icu and now another 3-4 days in regular room recoping. Open chest surgery hurts like hell. I hope this gets me back to my old self.
Yes

Yep it hurts, feels like a truck hit you. Now you got a chest Zipper to show the young girls.

Hurry up and mend, Sailor.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Damn shipmate that sounds like some hurt! Glad you made it through! Keep up with the PT now!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'm glad (and relieved) that the surgery went well and you are on the road to recovery! Follow the doctors' orders and do the exercise they specify.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Wow! Good luck with that. This sounds significant.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wishing you a full and speedy recovery NavyGuy.

Posts: 1121 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
prayers on the way

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post