SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Checking into Hospital tomorrow
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Checking into Hospital tomorrow Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
quote:
will be having a pulmonary thromboendarterectomy (PTE) to remove blood clots from my lungs as well as a little work on my heart since they'll have my chest open.

Very interesting. I’ve been a cardiologist for 34 years, and I’ve never heard this phrase used before. Eek
Best of luck, shipmate!

I heard something similar today from my Primary. I'll be going in soon for a Mitral Valve repair and a triple bypass. During the pre-surgical workup I had a PET-CT scan that revealed I have a "speculated nodule" on the upper lobe of my right lung that probably scar tissue but a pre-cancerous condition couldn't be ruled out. So my Doctor told me to ask the heart surgeon to remove that nodule while he was "under the hood" with my heart. Actually makes sense to me, however my Primary also told me that most insurance companies are quite hesitant to pay for two different procedures on a single operation. May have to call Blue Cross and explain that having everything taken care of now may save them big bucks in the log run because Cancer treatment aint cheap.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5621 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
NavyGuy, glad to hear your doing well!

Yep, it hurts like hell. After two days the surgeon’s assistant came into my room to see about removing the three chest drain tubes. She told me to take a deep breath then blow it out..... My answer was you’re shitting me, right? After she stopped laughing she said ok, as deep as you can.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Hope you’re on your way to a speedy recovery.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for a speedy recovery for you and your family.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Prayers for a speedy recovery and hope your back to your old self soon.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
All the best to you ! You got this.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for a quick recovery.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for a total and complete recovery!

"Shoot lower, Sheriff, They're ridin' shetlands"
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?

Posts: 1360 | Location: S.E. Wi. | Registered: October 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Get well. Best to you.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adobesig
posted Hide Post
Yep, prayers for all of you. Good luck.

Posts: 1088 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post