SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone know how to get ahold of Ford Regional Managers (Still no luck a week later update Pg 3)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know how to get ahold of Ford Regional Managers (Still no luck a week later update Pg 3) Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Need to speak to a regional manager.
Had a CATASTROPHIC brake failure on a 2 year old truck!
None too happy at the moment.

warranty is 3/36 bumper to bumper
5/60k powertrain
5/60k roadside assistance so they did tow me to the dealer for free Roll Eyes

I have 50k miles so the brakes are no longer covered.
Had to replace the master cylinder, brake booster, and proportioning valve.
No way no how should these go bad in 2 years and 50k.
Glad I was driving and not my wife or things would have likely gone much different.

Dealer said no way this should happen but not covered under warranty, sorry.

Called Ford Customer Service of course the folks that answer that line know nothing but what their little book or screen prompts them to say.

So she just said sorry this is not covered. I asked for the regional managers phone number. She said regional managers don't have phone numbers.
I then said I am sure they have a phone and a number attached to it for people to call them and she assured me that they do not.
I said that I found that interesting and I would like one to contact me.

Her supervisor is supposed to be contacting me in 24 hours.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Black92LX,

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Is this related to the F150 brake recall from a couple years ago?
Just before I bought my '16, I was all set on a '14 CPO, but they pulled the sale due the master cylinder recall.
As I remember, it was all F150s produced between something like 08/2013-08/2014.

IIRC, you have an Expedition, not sure if it was affected by the same recall.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
A search on LinkedIn came up with this.

https://www.linkedin.com/title...t-ford-motor-company

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forget trying to deal with Ford CS.

Contact these people. The contact is at bottom on link pull down. They probably will send you a form to complete and mail in..

and.....Good luck.

https://www.nhtsa.gov

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Check your state’s lemon law.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Another option is to go find a forum dedicated to your vehicle and post there. Often there are CS reps that peruse the forums and offer to help out.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Here is the company's Annual Report. Scroll down a few pages, you will find the names of the corporate officers, and a bit further down, the mailing address for Ford HQ. A letter maybe sent Certified Mail, might be helpful.

I had a beef with service at a local Discount Tire. I sent a calm, factual letter to the (recently deceased) founder and CEO. I subsequently received a visit from the regional manager, who went way overboard to make things right.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Find out who the general counsel is. Write her, the President, the CEO, and whoever else seems likely. They have people who may route the letter to the right people.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Is this related to the F150 brake recall from a couple years ago?
Just before I bought my '16, I was all set on a '14 CPO, but they pulled the sale due the master cylinder recall.
As I remember, it was all F150s produced between something like 08/2013-08/2014.

IIRC, you have an Expedition, not sure if it was affected by the same recall.

Thank you for this!!!

The dealer described the exact issue the master cylinder leaked into the brake booster causing them to go bad.

I found the Ford media release
https://media.ford.com/content...ne-safety-compl.html

In all my reading on the 16/17 Expeditions they share more similarities with the previous generation Ecoboost F150s (those recalled) than the F150s of the same model year.

May take me a bit but I’ll keep pushing.

————————————————

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
Another option is to go find a forum dedicated to your vehicle and post there. Often there are CS reps that peruse the forums and offer to help out.

At least on the big F150 forum, I think the Ford CS reps stopped replying for some reason. Practically unreachable last I was was on there.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

I think lemon law applies to first owner on a new vehicle purchase.

You should be able to file a formal complaint with Ford CS.
The dealer that you are dealing with has a Ford service rep that they deal with.
Demand that they get you in contact with him/her.
Those guys can ok work to be done even if the warranty is out.
I have dealt with a situation like that on my wife's Acura.

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
quote:

The dealer that you are dealing with has a Ford service rep that they deal with.

Wasn’t it a new purchase? 2 year old truck.

Lemon laws vary from state to state, how many repair attempts, what kind of defects, etc.

Worth a look.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
quote:

Wasn’t it a new purchase? 2 year old truck.

Lemon laws vary from state to state, how many repair attempts, what kind of defects, etc.

Worth a look.

I bought used but State Lemon law here the problem has to manifest in the first 12k Miles.

I am going to go to the dealer and get part numbers for everything replaced as well as original part numbers and compare those with the F150 recall.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what exactly you are trying to accomplish. If you think the truck has a systematic safety defect then file a nhtsa report. That at least will eventually help if its a fleet problem. If your just trying to get ford to pay for something that is clearly not covered by the warranty you are way better off getting your dealer to work with/for you and arranging a meeting with the local ford rep. In addition your owners manual has the escalation number, but I wouldn't expect that to do squat as clearly you have no legal claim. Things break. Now maybe they shouldn't but that's the facts.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I'm not sure what exactly you are trying to accomplish. If you think the truck has a systematic safety defect then file a nhtsa report. That at least will eventually help if its a fleet problem. If your just trying to get ford to pay for something that is clearly not covered by the warranty you are way better off getting your dealer to work with/for you and arranging a meeting with the local ford rep. In addition your owners manual has the escalation number, but I wouldn't expect that to do squat as clearly you have no legal claim. Things break. Now maybe they shouldn't but that's the facts.

Yes, things do break and having NO BRAKES on a motor vehicle is more than, well "things break".

Are defective brakes as serious as having a fuel leak on a motorcycle while I'm riding it?

BMW K100RS with aluminum fuel tank that sprung a leak while I was riding on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, covering my right leg with gasoline. No fire, but it got my attention.

The Bike was out of factory warranty, so BMW dealers and BMW CS in NJ blew me off.

A phone call to NHTSA and a completed form they sent me got a fire started under someones ass at BMW headquarters.

Two weeks later, I got a new OEM fuel tank installed.

IMO, Motor vehicle companies make enough profit from us and they certainly can bend over a bit to fix a known problem with a brake system.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Many companies will take a look at major issues just outside of warranty coverage.
That is all I am looking for someone to discuss the actual issue with. Yes things break I agree with that but I had a catastrophic safety failure on a 2 year old truck that is unacceptable.
Clearly they had the exact issue in the F150s that share much of their mechanics and engineering as the Expedition.
I spoke with the dealer about reaching out to a regional manager and was told no such person existed only a customer service line. The person that answered barely spoke English let alone had any clue as to what a master cylinder or brake booster was and why them failing on a 2 year old truck is an issue.
They then acknowledged there are regional managers but stated they don’t have phones to be reached at.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
We had a Chrysler Town and Country when our kids were younger. One of the rear seat belts locked up for no reason. Took it to the dealer to be looked at, they wanted $400 to fix it. It was barely out of warranty. The dealer wouldn’t budge and didn’t understand why we were upset. It’s one thing if the DVD player stops or the radio stops working. If it’s a safety item, it better damn well still work and if it malfunctions, they better fix it. After my third phone call, I asked for the Chrysler Corporate phone number. Funny, at that point, they decided they would fix it and only charge me $25. They even had a dozen donuts waiting for me when I got there the morning it was getting fixed.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming you called ford customer service (1-800-392-3673 (FORD)) and I'm assuming you asked your dealer for the owner and then for the regional rep. In addition I'm assuming you filed a nhtsa report. And I'm assuming you also called the noted BBB reporting path. If none of those got you a hearing with ford I would try contacting your State AG and see if they have any interest in the situation. And once that is done you are now in a war. Call the local TV station and see if they are willing to do a story. If you had 5 kids in the truck that would help.
Good luck. Results will totally depend on input at this stage. But I'd be meeting with the management of the dealer where I bought it first and foremost.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
The magic words are "I would like to speak to an executive in the company".

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I'm assuming you called ford customer service (1-800-392-3673 (FORD)) and I'm assuming you asked your dealer for the owner and then for the regional rep. In addition I'm assuming you filed a nhtsa report. And I'm assuming you also called the noted BBB reporting path. If none of those got you a hearing with ford I would try contacting your State AG and see if they have any interest in the situation. And once that is done you are now in a war. Call the local TV station and see if they are willing to do a story. If you had 5 kids in the truck that would help.
Good luck. Results will totally depend on input at this stage. But I'd be meeting with the management of the dealer where I bought it first and foremost.

While at the dealer I directly asked for the contact information for the regional manager. The person I was talking to was likely the service gopher, he clearly did some work on the vehicles, closed out paper work, and got vehicles that were completed. The service manager had stepped away and I did not have a bunch of time to wait at that particular moment. He stated there was no such person to talk to and directed me to the Ford Customer Service line. To which I called she took my info had said sorry you are out of warranty and there is no coverage. I tried to explain the severity and she was not tracking. I asked for the regional manager's phone number to speak with them, she answered that they did not have phone numbers. I inquired if they infact had phones and I got a no. I told her I found it odd that they would not. She then said she was sorry I was unhappy with how she attempted to rectify the issue. I said you made no attempt to rectify the issue, I know that you are the call taker and the first line of defense but I need to talk to someone that actually understands the issue.
Her supervisor is supposed to call me.

I actually just got done completing the NHTSA incident form.

So I am just working my way up slowly.

————————————————