SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Promotebuy.com legitimate?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Promotebuy.com legitimate? Login/Join 
Picture of heisrizn
posted
Anyway to determine if this a legitimate site? They take PayPal.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aller Anfang ist schwer
Picture of Tavman
posted Hide Post
The site is 37 days old, and the owner is hidden when searching for site data. I'd be suspicious.

Posts: 1700 | Location: Fayetteville, AR | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tavman:
The site is 37 days old, and the owner is hidden when searching for site data. I'd be suspicious.

Thx for looking that up for me.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
The "Contact Us" page of the website has this information:

PLEASE DO GET IN TOUCH!

We'd love to hear from you - please use the form to send us your message or ideas. Or simply pop in for a cup of fresh tea and a cookie:

6288 N GILLETTE AVE
TULSA, OK 74130-1510,
United States

Email: support@promotebuy.com
Toll-free: +1 (918) 834-8505

Opening Hours:
Monday to Saturday: 9am - 10pm
Sundays: 10am - 6pm
I'm not sure that the listed phone number, is actually toll-free, although most cell phone service nowadays has nationwide calling, so it probably does not matter.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:

The 39 days old is certainly reason to be cautious, but most whois lookups are now masking owner data, even if "privacy" is not subscribed to. I know my own domain name, hup.org, no longer shows any contact info, though it is marked public.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
A quick Google Maps search shows that address to be one double-wide manufactured home among a whole bunch of double-wide manufactured homes.

I would be cautious, and that’s probably an understatement.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Or simply pop in for a cup of fresh tea and a cookie:

6288 N GILLETTE AVE
TULSA, OK 74130-1510,
United States

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
quote:
The "Contact Us" page of the website has this information:

PLEASE DO GET IN TOUCH!

We'd love to hear from you - please use the form to send us your message or ideas. Or simply pop in for a cup of fresh tea and a cookie:

6288 N GILLETTE AVE
TULSA, OK 74130-1510,
United States

Email: support@promotebuy.com
Toll-free: +1 (918) 834-8505

Opening Hours:
Monday to Saturday: 9am - 10pm
Sundays: 10am - 6pm
I'm not sure that the listed phone number, is actually toll-free, although most cell phone service nowadays has nationwide calling, so it probably does not matter.

I would NOT do business with them.

It isn't toll-free. Toll free is 1-800, 888, 877, 866, 855, 844, and so forth

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ring_Plan_area_codes

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The phone number is likely a field on a form in a content management system. The area code is for Oklahoma. That part is likely an error.

Posts: 5161 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post