SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Deep Thoughts About Marriage
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deep Thoughts About Marriage Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
The reason Mayberry was so peaceful and quiet was because nobody was married. Andy, Aunt Bea, Barney, Floyd, Howard, Goober, Gomer, Sam, Earnest T Bass, Helen, Thelma Lou, Clara and, of course, Opie were all single. The only married person was Otis, and he stayed drunk.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very, very, funny and perhaps an insightful observation!

Thanks for the post.

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fred and Jennie Boone were also married and they fought constantly. Andy tried to counsel them only to find they were happiest when they were fighting.

Posts: 103 | Registered: June 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jtedescucci
posted Hide Post
Marriage is a wonderful institution.... if you wanna be in an institution... (my late brother-in-law)

"...we have put together I think the most extensive & inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics." - Joe Biden

Posts: 3043 | Location: AC/Clarksville | Registered: February 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Thanks for giving my 80 year old dad a gut busting laugh. He is a life long Mayberry fan and as we were sitting here complaining about my mom i read him that. Smile

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I never knew what true happiness was, until I got married........................................and now it's too late. (Ron White I believe)

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post