SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Old ticket stubs - let's see what you got
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old ticket stubs - let's see what you got Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
Doing some cleaning yesterday and ran across this old ticket stub. Shocked I still have it after many moves and a divorce.

I remember it like it was yesterday...I was just 12 years old - Bama won 48-21.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I know I have 1963 ticket stub from the Smother's Brothers appearing in Syracuse but didn't find it quickly.

These were from a 1972 trip to the UK. Took in a little bit of everything. Smile The Alexis Korner show in July was unreal. Lots of folks showed up to jam with him included two members of the Rolling Stones. Smile Thought it funny that the Greater London Council classified him as a "folk" act.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
My first concert..

Posts: 4359 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Almost 400 of mine were stolen some years back, but I still have a handful from the 80s. I'll see if I can dig them up later. I may still have some old Bama tickets from bowl games.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
My grandfather paid me and 3 friends to stand in line for 3 days and get 2 tickets each (paid for by him) to all seven games. He sold all but 2 for he and I to go to game 1.

Posts: 2027 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Almost 400 of mine were stolen some years back, but I still have a handful from the 80s. I'll see if I can dig them up later. I may still have some old Bama tickets from bowl games.

I'm not trying to disrespect you but were the 400 part of a bigger theft or do they have value that somebody else would pay for them?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
^ it was a larger theft of many items. But of most things taken, this one especially pisses me off .

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I've tried to keep most of my ticket stubs. Looking back at them there are several shows I have no memory of Wink Anyway, these are my two first concerts back in 1984.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I sold my Live Aid ticket stub for more then the concert ticket cost.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Decent Seats too.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post