SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Science of Cave Diving - video and picture
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Science of Cave Diving - video and picture Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:

FYI, that video is a master class of what not to do. My Cave 1 instructor had a saying "poorly trained skills are the first lost". That guy did everything wrong and I mean EVERYTHING. I truly cant believe someone was cave diving with that little skill level. Sort of like shooting yourself in the head at a gun range but claiming you are an expert. In cave vernacular he is someone we would call a "Stroke".

It wouldn't surprise me I know nothing about it. The story is super scary for sure and the guy with him really screwed him over and basically left him for dead as far as he knew.

Posts: 3867 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
Nope, and hell nope. With a double side order of nope, smothered in nope sauce.

H&K-Guy

Hell to the naw!.... Diving in caverns, yeah. Open water, no problem. But no way no how am I gonna not have an emergency ascent course open to me... And that is even with double tanks, pony bottles, and/or spare air... nope...

Posts: 465 | Location: Pell City, AL. U.S. | Registered: December 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Looks like a fun dive.

Staged tanks with 300 MOD Big Grin

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16372 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
After watching an MMA fighter talk to Joe Rogan about his experience I knew for a fact it would be something I will never experience. I really can't think of a much worse situation for me to be in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvi7y10yNyg&t=3946s

Starts at 1:08 - 1:24

This story may sound cool but this guy needs to stay out of any overhead environments until he gets a better skillset.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16372 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
After watching an MMA fighter talk to Joe Rogan about his experience I knew for a fact it would be something I will never experience. I really can't think of a much worse situation for me to be in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvi7y10yNyg&t=3946s

Starts at 1:08 - 1:24

This story may sound cool but this guy needs to stay out of any overhead environments until he gets a better skillset.

Doesn't sound cool at all to me it sounds about as scary as anything I have heard. Maybe it's just me not liking tight spots, especially underwater.

When I see people freak out about heights or spiders that barely even registers with me but getting trapped underwater freaks me out.

Posts: 3867 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
Looks like a fun dive.

Staged tanks with 300 MOD Big Grin

3-gases, 3-phases. Eek
That's a lot of stuff to keep in order, and keep your wits about you.

Posts: 14537 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:...
3-gases, 3-phases. Eek
That's a lot of stuff to keep in order, and keep your wits about you.

Dont forget the deco gases. My buddy and I staged the 70' bottles in the cave and the O2 on the line.

We also had to check some safeties that had been in the cave quite awhile. They were a mess, but still functioned.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Insanity. Hats off to you. Open water certification 30 years ago. One night dive and that was claustrophobic enough for me.

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post