SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Honda service intervals
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Honda service intervals Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by pilot99:
B1 is the one that is most common. Cost about $45.00 in our area.

I don't see a B1 on the chart you posted earlier. Is it "Replace engine oil & filter?"

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjan...07/NV0707G00016A.pdf

B1 is a combination of two codes.

B = Change oil, service fuel filter, inspect brakes, hoses, fluids, and various equipment

1 = Rotate Tires

And no, it's not the most common. B1 service should be every 15k to 20k or so. Code A1, a simple oil change and tire rotation, is the most common. Every 5k to 7.5k miles.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

...And no, it's not the most common. A1, a simple oil change and tire rotation, is the most common. Every 5000ish miles.

I may have gotten that A1 but never thought to look. Is it on the oil life remaining screen?

I did the oil change & rotate at 5 & 10K following the dealer's chart (which is on the way to you).

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is it on the oil life remaining screen?

Yes. When your oil life nears ~15%, the Maintenance Minder will pop up service codes (like A1, B23, etc.). As mentioned above, those codes are multiple codes combined. For example, B23 would mean to do Service B and Service 2 and Service 3.

The exact message will vary by model and year.
For example, on my Honda, when you hit ~15% oil life, the message "Service Due Soon" appears, along with the codes. If you keep going for while, the message will eventually switch to "Service Due Now" at ~0% oil life. It will then eventually switch to "Service Past Due" if you keep going. The wording on your CR-V may be a little different.

On most Hondas, when the Service Due message and codes start appearing, it typically is accompanied by an audible and visual notification every time you start your car, like extra chiming and blinking. That's your clue to look at the Maintenance Minder screen to see what needs to be done.

Once you have the service performed, the shop or dealership will reset your Maintenance Minder, which removes the service code and puts your oil life back to 100%. If you do the service yourself, you can look in your manual for instructions on how to reset your Maintenance Minder.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of porterdog
posted Hide Post
Dunno if the current ones have the same 'real time awd' as the older ones, but my 04 requires new 'dual pump fluid' in the rear diff every 60k. Easy DIY.

Is your government serving you?

Posts: 1271 | Location: Detroit (Rock City!) | Registered: September 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
The 2017 CR-V itself will tell you when it is time to change the oil. It measures your driving habits and then gives you a percentage of time remaining until the recommended change. I have one. Most folks say it ends up being around 7-8 thousand miles, some go longer than that.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
The 2017 CR-V itself will tell you when it is time to change the oil. It measures your driving habits and then gives you a percentage of time remaining until the recommended change. I have one. Most folks say it ends up being around 7-8 thousand miles, some go longer than that.

I may never see those service due messages as I'm inclined to use the mileage recommended by the dealer interval (5K for oil change), just like "the old days."

Check your mail, I just sent you the chart I got from the dealer for my 2016 CRV SE and presumably all Hondas.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I may never see those service due messages as I'm inclined to use the mileage recommended by the dealer interval (5K for oil change), just like "the old days."

Check your mail, I just sent you the chart I got from the dealer for my 2016 CRV SE and presumably all Hondas.

As I am sure you know they completely redid the 2017 CR-V. Check out some of the CR-V forums and you will see what I mean. Anyways, I am much more inclined to trust the people that actually built the car over a dealer's recommendations. But hey, we all have to do what we are comfortable with...it's all good.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am much more inclined to trust the people that actually built the car over a dealer's recommendations.

Same. The intervals on that dealer chart are very short, and several items are missing. It looks like it's a generic schedule that they're trying to apply to every Honda, which doesn't recognize the differences in service needs between the various models.

You can use the dealer chart to help anticipate what might be coming next, but as for the actual timing and the specific services you need performed, go by your CR-V's Maintenance Minder.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Is this still a "sort of" AWD? That is, the rear differential only engages under wheel slip? This wants its special fluid changed every 30K, IIRC. All the more reason to find that service booklet.

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post