SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Annual OctoberFest thread
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Annual OctoberFest thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I saw a pallet of this at Costco and thought of you. Told my wife the story of your annual delivery and it made my recent purchases seem like nothing.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Paulaner is my favorite so far this year. Tried the Ayinger it was ok. But not outstanding.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Tried the Ayinger it was ok. But not outstanding.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by festus haggen:
Do you order a pallet and have it delivered, or go to the store and pick it up? With my back and knees, it would take me a month to get it home.

The store I've been buying from for the past 6yrs was bought by the sister of the 2 brothers that own "Two Brothers" here in Ohio (they own 7 liquor stores) this Spring.
So there was a bit of drama with this years order but it all worked out.
And yes they deliver to my house for free & drop the credit card fee as well.
But I order quite a bit from them. Not just this annual purchase.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
New Ulm, the home of my beloved Grain Belt. GB is always enjoyed while on the annual pheasant hunt in SD.

quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
We go to Oktoberfest at Schells brewery in New Ulm every year. They brew a Oktoberfest beer just for that day to be served at the brewery only it is not distributed like their other beers. excellent stuff.

Of course when you start your day with a bunch of Germans myself included at a ceremonial keg tapping at 11am it pretty much dictates how the rest of your day is going to be.

Posts: 5618 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I did some digging thru my old forum pics & assembled a collage.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

posted Hide Post
Those pics are great! I love this thread every year. Need to get me a variety of some 'O Fest. I love all beer too much to get so much of 1 beer or even 1 style.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Tried the Ayinger it was ok. But not outstanding.

Haha, i knew that wpuld be your response! Cant get off the paulaner tho.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing, cheers!

Posts: 760 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Another good one !!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Picture of Bob at the Beach
posted Hide Post
The HB is very good. There are a lot of really good Octoberfest beers this year!
I always look forward to your thread, it makes it official.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Boardwalk, Va Beach | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Samuel Adams saw some of my pics & is hooking me up with some Swag !!!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
Samuel Adams saw some of my pics & is hooking me up with some Swag !!!

That's awesome. I generally prefer whisky to beer but Sam Adams is one of my preferred beers. I will definitely pick some more up soon - I like to support companies that take care of their customers. Good on Sam Adams.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha! That's great, you definitely earned some swag. Had my first SA Ofest of the season on tap at dinner Fri night.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sam Adams is a wonderful company. Not only for their customers but other brewers and breweries as well. One year there was a hops shortage and they sold their excess hops at cost. They did not price gouge like they could have.

Unfortunately I do not care for a lot of their beers. Last year's Octoberfest was awful but they had to scramble to get some of their ingredients due to having them sold out from underneath them. This year's is ok, but not great. This is my opinion and in no way wanting to start a bash session.

I did have a Victory Oktoberfest that was damn good. Proper malty mouthfeel and great flavor. It reminded me of the Hoffbrau Octoberfest.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
Grumpybiker, I like the way you do things! Cool

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of Sam Adams Oktoberfest, have been for a while, but I have to say that while still good, I think last year's batch seemed a bit better to me than this year's. Spaten was just "ok" to me but have really enjoyed the Hacker Pschorr and Warsteiner Oktoberfests this year. Haven't had a chance to try the others yet.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
What? No offer of stock options?

Just glitter swag?

hehehehehehe

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
man, I just bought cider and some of that ol black irish gold. Maybe in a few weeks I'll try some of that october stuff ya'll talking on.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post