SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Annual OctoberFest thread
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Annual OctoberFest thread Login/Join 
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted
I received my delivery today.
Sadly I've had to cut back on my annual order.
I still have 4 cases from last years order.
While some of that is due to cutting back during knee surgery recovery, its also due to my love of other beers (and getting older).
I'll be ordering a few cases of Winter Lager (if this years is good) and I desperately want at least 3 cases of Shiners Holiday Cheer !!
So many beers, so little time!

I have a new neighbor across the street...
He has officially been introduced to the OctoberFest Season !

Left overs on top of the stack

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I enjoy this thread every year. I can remember 3 years. How many years have you posted this thread?

Enjoy!!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
I have to say, I look forward to this thread every year. Big Grin

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
I enjoy this thread every year. I can remember 3 years. How many years have you posted this thread?

Enjoy!!!!

Not sure. I've been ordering/ stockpiling it for the past 10 years now.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Now, it feels like Oktoberfest season is actually here. I enjoy the OP's Oktoberfest hording picture almost as much as I enjoy my Oktoberfest hording and consuming.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I enjoy the OP's Oktoberfest hording picture almost as much as I enjoy my Oktoberfest hording and consuming.

Word.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this is my favorite thread every year. Prost!!

Posts: 551 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Have you tried the Yuengling Octoberfest? This is the first year I've seen it (Total Wine), and I prefer it to the Sam Adams, though they are both excellent. Sierra Nevada's is also really good. I've tried 6 different Octoberfests thus far this year, keep stacking new six packs to try (Mostly the German ones that I can get).

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
We go to Oktoberfest at Schells brewery in New Ulm every year. They brew a Oktoberfest beer just for that day to be served at the brewery only it is not distributed like their other beers. excellent stuff.

Of course when you start your day with a bunch of Germans myself included at a ceremonial keg tapping at 11am it pretty much dictates how the rest of your day is going to be.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
Do you order a pallet and have it delivered, or go to the store and pick it up? With my back and knees, it would take me a month to get it home.

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 367 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Here's what I have in my beer fridge.

My stockpile's much smaller than Grumpybiker's, at only about 8 cases, and not as attractively displayed. (It's shoved in a corner of the laundry room.)

I like variety, but half my stockpile is just Ayinger and Mother's alone, my two favorites.

quote:
Sierra Nevada's is also really good.

This year's Sierra Nevada isn't as good as some of the past years, but still pretty tasty. SN changes their Octoberfest every year, and partners with a different German brewery, so each year's offering is different.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hahahah

this is hilarious

To Octoberfest! Cheers!

Hopefully, next year I will post an actual photo from Munich here Smile

Tech lover and geek that loves to play with good software https://softorino.com/waltr

Posts: 4 | Registered: September 27, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
I enjoy the Marzen style of beer. We don't have a great selection in Central PA.

I did try the HB Oktoberfest which was OK, and the Spaten Oktoberfest which I really liked.

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Here's what I have in my beer fridge.

My stockpile's much smaller than Grumpybiker's, at only about 8 cases, and not as attractively displayed. (It's shoved in a corner of the laundry room.)

I like variety, but half my stockpile is just Ayinger and Mother's alone, my two favorites.

quote:
Sierra Nevada's is also really good.

This year's Sierra Nevada isn't as good as some of the past years, but still pretty tasty. SN changes their Octoberfest every year, and partners with a different German brewery, so each year's offering is different.

Posts: 2711 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Rogue - That Spaten on tap is excellent!

Cheers~

Posts: 904 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Spaten quality has gone down in the last few years (brewed in Texas now for Norh American market I think) while Sam Adams has actually improved IMO. There's a brewery near here in Afton called Blue Mountain that makes an incredible Octoberfest and the local Three Notch'd micro makes a killer imperial version.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
my favorite part of Oktoberfest is waitresses with bodacious tatas bring the trays of beers.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
If the Cabin Pack comes out this year, I'll be buying one. The only place to get their Scottish Ale.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Spaten quality has gone down in the last few years

I agree with that. Their Oktoberfest was one of my favorites a few years ago, but it's been a bit lackluster for the last couple years. Or maybe it's that the number of other, better Octoberfests has increased.

It doesn't help that Spaten comes in green bottles, so they're more susceptible to getting skunked. (I don't understand why any brewery would still use green or clear bottles.)

quote:
(brewed in Texas now for Norh American market I think)

Nope. Still brewed by Spaten-Franziskaner-Bräu in Munich and imported.

Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
my favorite part of Oktoberfest is waitresses with bodacious tatas bring the trays of beers.

Headed to Daytona for Biketoberfest in a few weeks where the tatas are in abundance.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Well shit. I can't remember where I heard the Texas rumor but even more disturbing is the fact that ABinBev owns Spaten. Mad

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post