SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    That moment you walk into your 14 year old son's bedroom...<finish the sentence>
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
That moment you walk into your 14 year old son's bedroom...<finish the sentence> Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
When one of our sons was about that old, we were out running around.

"Dad, let's get some lunch, my treat"

Young man was proud of what he had done.

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
and find a stripper pole.

Better than finding a stripper.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
My seven year old usually has more cash than me Confused

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Report This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
I don't have a 14 year old... bu my soon to be 11 year old ALREADY has girls knocking on our door. He is allowed to take them to his room... but the door MUST remain open at all times. So far it's all innocent enough... homework help, BETA projects, etc., but I just know that will change with a quickness.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Report This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Has a great start to his hookers and blow fund. Razz

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Not ours. He'd eat the cereal, drink all the milk, and then dang near lick the bowl clean.

Voracious cereal eater. At least 6 bowls of cereal a day, in between regular meals, and is still shaped liked a beanpole. I'm surprised he doesn't eat the bowls too.
Same here, although I have instilled filling and emptying the dishwasher in him as "his responsibility", something that he does without fail... but bowls do stack up in his room, from time to time.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shifferbrains:

Hey now! That's offensive mister! Mad

Unlike some, I take pride that my sons will not mess around with such garbage. Confused

I'll have you know that my boys (and this one in particular) will not be spending money on "Hookers and Blow"...my lad will be spending his hard earned cash on guns and cigars! Cool

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by Shifferbrains:

Hey now! That's offensive mister! Mad

Unlike some, I take pride that my sons will not mess around with such garbage. Confused

All have you know that my boys (and this one in particular) will not be spending money on "Hookers and Blow"...my lad will be spending his hard earned cash on guns and cigars! Cool

Mea Culpa, obviously he was raised well. Smile

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Report This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:

She's only there on Fridays. Smile

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:

She's only there on Fridays. Smile

A stripper clip.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Better than catching him "red-handed."

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
...and catch him reading Wheeler and Thorne's textbook on Gravitation. Eek

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
Better than catching him "red-handed."

That is what I thought this was about.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
And see him deep in email chat with someone at Microsoft, as he dialed in the code on the latest game in beta-test. It was then you finally knew that your retirement was golden.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Then he'll go out and source them wholesale for $0.50 a piece, and cut JWF out of the loop Razz

quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by JWF:
When son was in high school, I would give him energy bars (Soldier Fuel bars) to snack on during break. I went into his room on afternoon and saw a STACK of $5's by his bed. He was selling the bars at school for 5 a piece. Cost me about $2 each, all profit for him.

Good for him, now teach him about supplier invoicing, and corporate taxes with an invoice for $2 for each bar he sold and a buck in taxes. Introduce him to FICA LOL Big Grin

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Report This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
...and find all of your missing socks...

That can stay standing on their own

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
and you realize that every piece of clothing he has is lying on the floor, and he is standing on his Sunday suit.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Report This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
When son was in high school, I would give him energy bars (Soldier Fuel bars) to snack on during break. I went into his room on afternoon and saw a STACK of $5's by his bed. He was selling the bars at school for 5 a piece. Cost me about $2 each, all profit for him.

Good for him, now teach him about supplier invoicing, and corporate taxes with an invoice for $2 for each bar he sold and a buck in taxes. Introduce him to FICA LOL Big Grin

You're mean!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Report This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Then he'll go out and source them wholesale for $0.50 a piece, and cut JWF out of the loop Razz

quote:
quote:

Out of the loop? Hell, I never was in it except for the unsuspecting supply side. I thought he was eating the bars. Pure profit for him, they cost him nothing.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Report This Post