SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    That moment you walk into your 14 year old son's bedroom...<finish the sentence>
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
That moment you walk into your 14 year old son's bedroom...<finish the sentence> Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
...and realize he had more cash in the bank than you do.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
...and then wonder why...

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Report This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I don't poke around a teen aged boys room to much, I know what they do

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Report This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
...and realize he's a man who needs deodorant - as in last week needs it!!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
.....and realize he's a Vikings fan with more cash in the bank than you do.

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
...and find all of your missing socks...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
...and notice that every last one of the dang cereal bowls are stacked next to his bed, and he's now eating cereal out of a mixing bowl.

(That was the point where mine was banned from using "real" bowls and silverware, and restricted to paper bowls and plastic spoons. Big Grin)

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
When son was in high school, I would give him energy bars (Soldier Fuel bars) to snack on during break. I went into his room on afternoon and saw a STACK of $5's by his bed. He was selling the bars at school for 5 a piece. Cost me about $2 each, all profit for him.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Report This Post
Picture of DougE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
...and notice that every last one of the dang cereal bowls are stacked next to his bed with something resembling yogurt in them, and he's now eating cereal out of a mixing bowl...

(That was the point where mine was banned from using "real" bowls and silverware, and restricted to paper bowls and plastic spoons. Big Grin)

And here I thought it was just us .....

The water in Washington won't clear up until we get the pigs out of the creek~Senator John Kennedy

Posts: 987 | Location: Richmond, KY | Registered: February 02, 2010Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JWF:
When son was in high school, I would give him energy bars (Soldier Fuel bars) to snack on during break. I went into his room on afternoon and saw a STACK of $5's by his bed. He was selling the bars at school for 5 a piece. Cost me about $2 each, all profit for him.

Ahhhhhh...the entrepeneurial sort, eh? Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DougE:
with something resembling yogurt in them

Not ours. He'd eat the cereal, drink all the milk, and then dang near lick the bowl clean.

Voracious cereal eater. At least 6 bowls of cereal a day, in between regular meals, and is still shaped liked a beanpole. I'm surprised he doesn't eat the bowls too.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JWF:

Good for him, now teach him about supplier invoicing, and corporate taxes with an invoice for $2 for each bar he sold and a buck in taxes. Introduce him to FICA LOL Big Grin

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of DougE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by DougE:
with something resembling yogurt in them

Not ours. He's eat the cereal, drink all the milk, and then dang near lick the bowl clean.

Voracious cereal eater.

My step son would leave some milk in the bowls and it looked like he had a yogurt growing operation going on in his room.

The water in Washington won't clear up until we get the pigs out of the creek~Senator John Kennedy

Posts: 987 | Location: Richmond, KY | Registered: February 02, 2010Report This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
wonder when the last time any of the carpet has seen light due to the clothes spread everywhere.

how the hell do you know what is clean?

? ? ?

Posts: 904 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slyguy:
how the hell do you know what is clean?

? ? ?

The sniff test. Duh.

(Or, depending on the kid, even the sniff test may not matter. Some will apparently just douse it with body spray and declare it "clean". Much like they do with their bodies.)

E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
....and that's just the tip jar.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4779 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
... you find your missing collector's issue with Farah Fawcett on the cover.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Picture of domcintosh
posted Hide Post
... are warded off by the lego minefield.

The opinions expressed in no way reflect the stance or opinion of my employer.

Posts: 5446 | Location: Stationed in Kitsap Washington w/ the USN | Registered: November 04, 2007Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
... and discover lingerie.

Such a conundrum...

Do you worry that he's being sexually active or do you worry that he's got a gender identity issue.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
and find a stripper pole.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Report This Post