SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Idiot pulls a gun on a man and his wife in a Sam's store because they were wearing MAGA hats
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Idiot pulls a gun on a man and his wife in a Sam's store because they were wearing MAGA hats Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted
https://www.wbko.com/content/n...Green-505971901.html

Man accused of pulling gun on victim wearing MAGA hat

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (WBKO) -- A Tennessee man is in jail after being accused of pulling a gun on a Sam's Club customer Saturday.

According to the police report, officers were called to Sam's Club due to a person with a gun.

According to the alleged victim Terry Pierce, a man pulled a gun on him because he was wearing a Make America Great Again (MAGA) hat.

"I have as much right to wear that hat and support my country and my president as he has not to," said Pierce.

The police report confirms that the suspect, identified as James Phillips, admitted to flipping off Pierce and Pierce's wife because of their hats.

Pierce tells 13 News that he was shopping with his wife when Phillips "Pulled a .40 caliber out and stuck it in my face, backed up and said, 'It's a good day for you to die.'"

Pierce went on to tell 13 News, "I said, 'Then pull the trigger. Put the gun down and fight me or pull the trigger. Whichever one you want.' And he backed up and he said it again, he said, 'It's a good day for you to die.'"

Pierce said the Phillips then took off. That's when Pierce followed him out into the parking lot.

"I went out the front of the store to confront him again and that's when I got him in his car. He couldn't leave because his mother was still in the store. And we were having a verbal altercation outside," said Pierce.

Pierce added, "He tried telling me I assaulted him and I said, 'I never touched you.'"

According to the police report, surveillance video confirms Pierce's story that he did not put his hands on Phillips.

The report does mention that witnesses and Pierce said Phillips pulled a gun on Pierce inside the store but this couldn't be seen on surveillance video due to Phillips backing out of the view of the camera.

In the report, police say Phillips had a Glock .40 caliber with a round chambered in his back pocket and two additional magazines in another pocket. Police say Phillips has a current concealed carry permit in Tennessee, where he is from.

No one was injured, but police arrested Phillips for wanton endangerment first degree. Phillips is in the Warren County Regional Jail.

We will update this story as we learn more.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That's a whole lot of stupid in one article.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
And yet we are the "gun nuts"? Roll Eyes

This guy probably watches CNN and is a Bernie/Hillary supporter so I doubt this will get much national exposure.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Damn shame we are not reading about how an armed citizen lawfully defended himself by killing a deranged man, James Phillips, who threatened him with a pistol.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
I remember reading once upon a time, that the three most dangerous words in the English language were "Go ahead, shoot." This guy gave it a try.

As Balze said, a whole lotta' stupid in one place.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
He couldn't leave because his mother was still in the store.

That's funny. Will Mom bail him out?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:
He couldn't leave because his mother was still in the store.

That's funny. Will Mom bail him out?

Likely not, because she finally has her basement back.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Stay calm, back off, call the cops. Do NOT follow to the parking lot and draw out an already confirmed lunatic.

This is the difference between the left and sane people.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at this dudes mug shot. That's crazy, in case you were wondering.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
There goes his carry permit, and hopefully any right he has to ever own a firearm again. Who but a lunatic pulls a gun on someone over a hat?

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2057 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
People like this vote and want Hillary in office? And they wonder why we defend the 2A?

Just wow.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
People that still think liberalism isn't a mental disorder need to read that article. Good Lord, what a loon. The victim isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer either by his actions as well.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Hate lives on the Left

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope they keep him Kentucky.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
We discussed this on another board.

General agreement is that Pierce is a HUGE dumbass both for taunting the guy while he was holding a gun on him AND for confronting him again outside.

He's damned lucky to be alive.

On that board it also spurred a lot of chest beating and "I'd have kicked his ass" stuff. I said I didn't know what I'd have done.

I think if I'd have felt truly threatened, or if I felt my wife/family was in danger, I'd have tried to shoot the asshole.

Then again, with a fo-tay in my face, I might have just pissed my pants and begged him not to hurt me.

I seriously doubt anybody really KNOWS what their reaction will be until it happens. Too many variables.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Wow, just wow.

Exit stage left would be the prudent thing to do in that situation IMOHO

Dude is lucky he didn't wind up shot in the face.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The only time I would draw on the drop is that I know with absolutely certainty that I will go home alive by the end of the day. And that happens only on the silver screen.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
I remember reading once upon a time, that the three most dangerous words in the English language were "Go ahead, shoot." This guy gave it a try.

As Balze said, a whole lotta' stupid in one place.

Yeah...

quote:
Pierce went on to tell 13 News, "I said, 'Then pull the trigger. Put the gun down and fight me or pull the trigger. Whichever one you want.'

That was dumb. If someone is waving a gun in my face I'm going to try to defuse the situation... not dare him to pull the trigger.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Both of these guys are IDIOTS.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I think "defuse", not "diffuse".

But yes, some poor action by both parties.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post