SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My terminal leave ended yesterday.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My terminal leave ended yesterday. Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Congrats.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on getting to the Army finish line. Hopefully you figured out what you want to do when you grow up. Don't forget to PT, there are too many fat retired guys walking around.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on 28 years of service. The civilian world is far different, but it has its upsides as well. Good luck.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Buy a motorcycle/RV and travel America.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I assume you've already started on your beard?

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and thanks.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." -Seneca; Semisonic, Closing Time

God Speed.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Retirement Beard. Go stand on some SGM's grass. Buy a fishing pole.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Sir.

I really hope you have some wonderful plans, and enjoy your hard earned retirement.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and thank you for your service!

Enjoy your well-deserved time off!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Congrats.

Like others have said, I miss my mates, not the bullshit.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
NSFW due to language.

Congratulations and thanks for serving. Goes by quick...I've been retired AF for 12 years now.

Rick

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1366 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
Congrats and welcome to the life of a military retiree.

Prepare for much less stress and a easier way of life. I laugh at the civilians I work with now that stress out on silly things.

I was in your shoes 5 years ago after 26 years on active duty.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your accomplishment and thank you for serving.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
terminal leave

?

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
Many thanks for your service and best of luck with whatever you choose to do next!!

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Now you will feel like the weight of the world has been lifted from your shoulders. Now you are responsible for no one other than your family and yourself. In about a year, you will begin to miss being in a position of leadership and being able to use your skills in a role of responsibility. Smile Enjoy your retirement! And congratulations!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny 3eagles,

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for your Service to this great country!

Make sure to take some time for yourself as you have MORE than earned it.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
thanks for your service and congrats on retirement...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Congrats!

Time to order your DD-214 blanket

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post