SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My terminal leave ended yesterday.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My terminal leave ended yesterday. Login/Join 
Picture of KPSquared
posted
I had 80 days of terminal leave which ended yesterday. An active Army career of 28 years and 25 days are now behind me.

Bittersweet.

I'll miss the fun and adventures I had but I do see fun and adventures ahead of me.

Thanks,
KPSquared

Posts: 805 | Location: Ft. Knox, KY | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and thank you for your service. Enjoy the next chapter of your life!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and good luck!

Twenty three years, two months and eleven days for my hitch.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
Onward to new adventures!

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, you will still enjoy your career on the first day of every month! Thank you for your service!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Great!

I know the bittersweet feelings when leaving the military. BTDT.

Thanks for your service!!!

Enjoy your retirement, you earned it!!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your service and sacrifices for our great country! Best wishes in your new adventures!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your service and enjoy life! Smile

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.

Thank you for your service to our country.

Hopefully you've taken some time not working, to think and transition.

There's a whole gambit of emotions that come from this transition, I've been through them as well...though probably a bit differently as you'd obviously be in a different phase of life having served a little under 10 years more than I did. One thing I found for myself, and have found in others going through this, is that finding a new way to serve others helps tremendously. You've got to find your own way of continuing to serve.

Perhaps you already have, I wish you well in this time and in the new chapters that follow.

Again, thank you for your service to our country. We are better as a people and a nation because of your sacrifices. Undoubtedly dozens or more other serviceman have been positively affected by your leadership and example. Keep up the good work!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your service, and enjoy your retirement! I think I had a total of 20 years and 16 days when I retired from USAF.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
That is fantastic KP! Congratulations on your retirement and thank you for your service!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your service, enjoy the next chapter.

http://terminallance.com/2014/...natomy-of-a-veteran/

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
Thank you for serving our great country.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Congrats.

BTW - it's probably not completely over until the 35 year mark. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a well deserved retirement. You will get used to it. Smile

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KPSquared:
. . .I'll miss the fun and adventures I had but I do see fun and adventures ahead of me.

Very much so, KPSquared!

You're going to find that there is, in fact, life after retirement.

Wishing the best for you,

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Enjoy the next stage of your life. and thanks for your service!

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Thank you and enjoy.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome, congrats, well done! My terminal leave ends the end of August!

Posts: 760 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Hot damn

That's gotta be a great feeling.

Thank you for your service.

The world is your oyster

Cheers~

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post