SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daniel Shaver shooting in Mesa AZ....
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daniel Shaver shooting in Mesa AZ.... Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I keep thinking about my illspent youth and wondering if the shooter or the yeller (best description I can come up with) have badge numbers. I'm guessing 007 and 008. They seem to have viewed their jobs as a license to kill. What good is a right if you never exercise it?

Yes, it would be interesting to see the Feds get involved. Not sure it would accomplish much because the one cop is probably destitute now and will be forever. Like morally and financially destitute. Very little the legal system can do to make things worse for him except lock him up. Then we get to pay.

I guess if I'm going to die, I would prefer it to be because I did nothing. Let the bastards explain how threatening I was just refusing to cooperate.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
All of you guys calling the cop a murderer, an assassin, etc, I'd love to hear more. You saw the video. A gun was believed to be in play. The suspect made a move to reach behind his back.

The "gun" was reported as a rifle. Supposedly being pointed out a window. So he might have had the rifle tucked in his boxers? The ones falling off?

That was the gun that was reported. Is it really unreasonable for the police to consider that a suspect waving a rifle around might also have a firearm tucked in his waistband?

I'm not saying this was a good shoot. It was wrong on many levels. But anyone calling the cop a murderer or an assassin is reacting emotionally and not with any appreciation for the legal standards involved in a murder charge.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I'm not saying this was a good shoot. It was wrong on many levels. But anyone calling the cop a murderer or an assassin is reacting emotionally and not with any appreciation for the legal standards involved in a murder charge.

He's a murderer in my book.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30398 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
But anyone calling the cop a murderer or an assassin is reacting emotionally and not with any appreciation for the legal standards involved in a murder charge.

The victim's left hand never came off of the floor those last couple of seconds and his right hand was empty. Then 5 shots from his "YOU'RE FUCKED" evil black rifle were required to stop that drunken "threat" who was trying his best to crawl down the hall as instructed while pleading with the "cops" to please not kill him. The tough guy cop(s) were shouting very confusing commands the entire time and all of the threats to kill the victim(s) were stated as "we"...we will kill you, we will shoot you, etc. Looked to me like a couple of thugs who had probably been hoping for a chance to kill someone from their first day in the field. Well, they got their jollies but I'd bet have done great harm to law enforcement throughout the country. After watching this, I can better understand how the "Hands up, don't shoot" movements gain traction. I'm also really hoping for total, absolute financial and professional destruction once the civil proceedings get cranked up. I'm stunned that someone like these guys can pull something like this with impunity in an official capacity on the streets of this country.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
He is and was a trigger happy kid (26), mall ninja turned cop (see dust cover), jumpy-assed punk, who - with the help of another fucking moron that did nothing but make the whole situation worse - needlessly killed an unarmed guy due to their collective dumbassery, under the cover of a badge, acquitted of crimes. An abomination of an outcome.

And that's being kind.

They're both responsible for the death, and both have gotten away with it.

Fucked is an understatement.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
He is and was a trigger happy kid (26), mall ninja turned cop (see dust cover), jumpy-assed punk, who - with the help of another fucking moron that did nothing but make the whole situation worse - needlessly killed an unarmed guy due to their collective dumbassery, under the cover of a badge, acquitted of crimes. An abomination of an outcome.

And that's being kind.

They're both responsible for the death, and both have gotten away with it.

Fucked is an understatement.

Thank you for saving me the typing.

Q

Posts: 26317 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
If there was any doubt that BLM is just a racist organization.......

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10889 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
There have been cops that ended up in a much more murky scenario and were found ‘guilty’.

I don’t always watch these, but it seemed very wrong to me. As a cop he needs to know how to handle people, all types. I think his cop days are over.

Posts: 6154 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Had to go find the video on LiveLeak since the original has been removed from YouTube.

It made me sick; those two cops, especially the one behind the rifle. My blood was boiling watching that, and now I wish I hadn't! If I'd been that kid I probably would have died also because there's no way I could "crawl" on my knees, with both hands in the air, while my effin' ankles were still crossed!!! WTF???

I was thinking maybe a few here were maybe slightly exaggerating about the cop, but now I know, as usual, my SigForum friends were spot-on correct! That SOB is a murderer! Shit...

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4573 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some people shouldn't be cops.

This officer appears to be one of those people.

Sad someone had to die because of it.

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I've said it before in these bad shoot threads, hire bad people get bad results. This is clearly visible in any line of work, but the consequences can be deadly when you give an incompetent LEO a gun and the power that comes with it. That power is used to hurt people instead of help people, which is always the result when weak and incompetent people are given power. The ultimate test of character I think is when people are given power. Some individuals can't use power for the good. This idiot is just another example. And because the people that made the hiring decisions are not held accountable, the cycle continues. Incompetence all the way around.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8655 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post