SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Video worth watching...PA pizza guy KO'd, Robbed...or, It Happens Fast
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Video worth watching...PA pizza guy KO'd, Robbed...or, It Happens Fast Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted
I'm hoping I can get this video to work...it's a very clear video of predators hunting, and a real-life scenario. If it was me, I'd like to think I could have gotten a shot off, but the big thing that took me aback was seeing how many threats there really were:

Linky

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Looks to me like the pizza guy was completely absorbed by his phone and didn't scan his surroundings before exiting. He stepped right into a group of of thugs loitering.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
He stepped right into a group of of thugs loitering

So he stepped outside, in one of a zillion urban areas full of similar looking folks who are often loitering about. Your choices are - stay inside, or mingle and do your best. Thankfully, most thuggy looking folks don't give a shit about you or me either, so ruling them out based on looks alone isn't very helpful in a whole bunch of cities, worldwide. I agree he seemed oblivious, which is dumb in any case, but the rest is quite common.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Did he ignore a guy threatening him with a gun?

Doesn't seem wise.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Four of the five have been arrested. Here's a link to an article and three photos. The gentlemen on the two ends are each 15 years old.

57th and Baltimore is only a few blocks from the fringe element of University housing. Great work by the Philadelphia Police Department, moving so fast on this.

(From the article photo) From L to R: Jordon Wilson, Semaj Headon and Jashaun Matthews.

Semaj Headen, 22, Jashaun Matthews, 15, and Jordan Wilson, 15, all from Kingsessing, where charged for their alleged involvement in the incident, which police say occurred around 11 p.m. on Oct. 20th at the Lukoil gas station at 5748 Baltimore Avenue.

Officials say Headen, Matthews and Wilson were three of five suspects captured on camera at the scene of the carjacking and robbery, which left the victim, a pizza delivery driver, unconscious for more than two days. In the footage shared by the police department, one person uses a gun to strike the victim, who falls to the ground, before another person gets in the victim’s car and drives away.

Headen has been charged with criminal conspiracy, aggravated assault, robbery, carjacking, theft and other counts. Matthews and Wilson are charged with criminal conspiracy, aggravated assault, robbery, carjacking, theft by unlawful taking and simple assault.

A fourth suspect charged in the incident, a 13-year-old, was not charged as an adult. That suspect has not been identified.

http://www.phillymag.com/news/...t-philly-carjacking/

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
That type of neighborhood - best be at low ready until safely pulled off in the car

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
Four of the five have been arrested. Here's a link to an article and three photos. The gentlemen shitbags on the two ends are each 15 years old.

Fixed it for you.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:

A fourth suspect charged in the incident, a 13-year-old, was not charged as an adult.

That implies the two 15 year olds are being charged as adult. It is about time.

Another thing I've noticed over the past couple of years? More adults being charged when their kids, left alone, "find" a gun in the residence and shoot a sibling. It is epidemic in Philadelphia, the proverbial unsecured firearm.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
CBS reports that there has been a rash of knock-out games. ("Games," right? If white kids were sucker punching blacks, do you think they'd call it a "game?") And the perps are "teens." This has now become a national joke, if you read the comments following such articles. (Read the ones following this article, for example.)

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/10/27/knockout-game/

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I read the delivery guy's body language to be blowing the guy off, seeing the gun but just turning his back, calling his bluff.

Well...he wasn't bluffing...

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guy was lucky he still didn’t die. That was a wicked blow to the head to leave him unconscious for two days. Freakin animals.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post