SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dave Chappelle- Sticks and Stones
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dave Chappelle- Sticks and Stones Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I’ll be watching a second time soon. There were some instances were it seemed like he was arguing a position, but the punchline was a reversal of his argument, such as regarding abortion. Not that I’m seeking to find he agrees with me, but that there are some subtle points made I might have missed.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, in the midst of your deep analysis, did you laugh? He's a comedian, you know. Shall your findings be published here, or do the results of his apparent inconsistencies go directly to Dave so that he may make his comedy consistent and scientifically accurate?

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Totally agree.

And the "Racial Draft" skit as well.

Sometimes good comedy should make you really uncomfortable in order to make a point that might not get through if presented by way of some other medium.

These "letter people" as Dave calls them seem to think they have the right not to be offended. Too bad! Suck it up. Step outside the echo chamber, letter people.

And if you read the Twitter posts on some of the sites reporting on this you'll see "Bella Goth" state "Straight people have no right to speak on LGBTQ issues."

Actually you couldn't be more wrong, madam (or sir, whatever). Ever heard of the First Amendment?

Wife and I will make sure we watch this new Dave show ASAP.

quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
Chappelle is hilarious. Clayton Bigsby the black white supremacist is possibly the best skit comedy I have ever seen.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, in the midst of your deep analysis, did you laugh? He's a comedian, you know. Shall your findings be published here, or do the results of his apparent inconsistencies go directly to Dave so that he may make his comedy consistent and scientifically accurate?

Yes, of course. I found it hilarious, as I stated in my first post.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Watched the first half last night, the letter people skit was excellent.

"You in the backseat, whatever pronoun makes you comfortable." Big Grin

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
He is triggering the SHIT of those perpetually offended SJW snowflakes with this stuff! Big Grin

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
That act was tight, Dave is a modern master of his craft.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Good show but I expected it to be....he pulls no punches and is an equal opportunity asshole, the way a good comedian should be

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Good show but I expected it to be....he pulls no punches and is an equal opportunity asshole, the way a good comedian should be

Exactly. Glad he cracked jokes on everybody. And everybody in the audience was howling. My wife and watched last night and laughed good and hard. And special thanks

Posts: 4737 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm seeing articles from all the usual leftist sources who are VERY, VERY APPALLED at this special and urging people not to watch it.

You know what people do when you tell them what NOT to do, right? Big Grin

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yup. And stuff like this from Vox and Vice confirms exactly Para's sentiment.

The left is afraid of comedians like Chappelle.

You Can Definitely Skip Dave Chappelle's New Netflix Special 'Sticks & Stones'

The comedian doubles down on misogyny and transphobia in both the special and the hidden bonus scene that follows.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
^^All that's going to do is to make people want to watch the show. They should have ignored it. Not very smart.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Watching it now. I always found him funny.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Funny , just added this to my watchlist today. I think he his hilarious and am looking forward to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, I didn't realize that when he did his impression of the audience and then asked the audience who they thought he was imitating, some people yelled out "Trump", before he said no, I'm doing an impression of you guys. Yes, of course, because OMB, right, people? The epicenter of all that is wrong in this world is Donald Trump. Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
Just watched it with my wife. We both found it hilarious.

I think Chappelle is an all-time great in the comedy game. I miss his show.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 811 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good comedy has always had a shock factor to it. This generation is softer than cotton.

I watched an improv by Don Rickles today. That guy would be hung in today’s world. The show I watched was a benefit of some sort. Don was on stage with Whoopi Goldberg, Robin Williams and Billy Crystal if I recall correctly. He called Whoopi an ape, called Billy a derogatory name for a Jew and literally slapped Robin Williams across the face while calling him Peter Pan.

Then he proceeded to make fun of an Asian, a fat guy, an ugly woman and another black guy in the audience. Nothing but laughter from everyone who he roasted. The show was probably in the mid to late 80’s, I’m guessing. It would never fly nowadays, sadly.

Posts: 246 | Location: Damn it's hot! | Registered: September 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:

Exactly. Glad he cracked jokes on everybody. And everybody in the audience was howling. My wife and watched last night and laughed good and hard. And special thanks

Wife and I laughed our asses off. Especially me at the after show part at the end.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting Para. The wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's been a while since I've watched Chappelle.

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
The epilogue where he was taking questions from the Broadway audiences was great. I was expecting him to get blasted (especially when he doubled down on some jokes) but the audience seemed to get it. Anderson Cooper was even in the audience, laughing. We'll see if he gets cancelled for it Smile

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post