SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dave Chappelle- Sticks and Stones
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dave Chappelle- Sticks and Stones Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
There is no media bias...
Oops!

LMAO. Now lets spread the DV love and get other folks, outlets, etc, to start saying fuck you to the twatterstorm sjw bullshit.

What I am waiting for, is a film, not a standup special, by someone like Danny McBride making fun of all this twatter, sjw bullshit. You know it's coming. One of the studios will have the balls, if not, it will be an independent film, and if it's good, will become a cult classic.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Next up, Bill Burr!

Bill Burr has a Netflix special coming out on September 10th, and you can be sure it's going to be right on par with Dave Chappelle's. We can surely hope so anyway. I know I'll be watching.

Watch The Preview For ‘Bill Burr: Paper Tiger’ On Netflix
September 4th, 2019

NASHVILLE, TN - MAY 18: Comedian Bill Burr performs at the Bud Light Presents Wild West Comedy Festival at the Ryman Auditorium on May 18, 2014 in Nashville, Tennessee. (Photo by Terry Wyatt/Getty Images for Bud Light)
Netflix is dropping a new Bill Burr standup special, and it looks like it’ll be outstanding.

In the preview for “Bill Burr: Paper Tiger,” the legendary comedian joked about marriage, being a father, white male privilege, the #MeToo movement and robot sex dolls.

If you thought Burr might be scared to crack a joke in our politically correct culture, I can promise you the preview will prove that he hasn’t lost a step at all.

Netflix hit a home run with Dave Chappelle’s latest special. It was incredible from the opening line to the closing moments. (RELATED: REVIEW: Dave Chappelle’s New Standup ‘Sticks & Stones’ Is Outstanding)

It was a gigantic middle finger to people who are ultra-politically correct and believe in cancel culture.

Now, it looks like they’re about to drop another fire standup when this one from Burr gets released September 10.

I honestly can’t wait. Burr is one of the funniest guys in the comedy game, and I’d bet just about anything “Paper Tiger” will be amazing.

Let’s remember, this is the same guy who joked about “50 Shades of Gray” and rough sex in epic fashion.

Tune in September 10 because I think we’re going to be in for a very fun time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/a...iger-netflix-trailer

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, I won't be able to view Bill Burr's push back against the imbecilic left, because, yesterday, I cancelled my NetFlix account. Do you know that NetFlix actually has a section called "LGBTQ"? Such absurd pandering disgusts me. I joined NetFlix in order to watch The Highwaymen and I hung around for a couple of months after my free 30 day trial period ended, and I did find content which was worth the monthly NetFlix fee, but in the final measure, the bad outweighed the good. Certainly, I'm very glad that I hung around long enough to see Chappelle's latest, because I do believe the man has done the sane people in this country a big favor.

When I cancelled, NetFlix asked why. On the page, along with the standard answers, was a free-form text box. I told them exactly why I was not going to give them any more of my money.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Para,

Bad news for Netflix. They'll need every subscription they can get upcoming.

They're about to lose their Disney/Fox deals (and will be competing with their streaming services). Apple is entering the mix. The bar to enter the streaming game is pretty low. Netflix overextended itself generating content, while the studios have huge libraries to stream as a cash cow.

I have friends at Netflix, and the talk in the hallways is - less than encouraging.

I'd guess Amazon is going to come of of this smelling like a rose. All the streaming will go through AWS.

Edit. Sorry for the thread drift.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3619 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If anyone drifted the thread, it was me. The information you provided (and of which I was not aware) is useful for this thread.

I don't think NetFlix will miss my 15 bucks a month. They seem to be doing alright. But, if their fortunes are diminished because of a failed merger, you won't find me shedding a tear for them.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Finally watched it- hilarious and reminded me of classic Chappelle

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
There is no media bias...
Oops!

LMAO. Now lets spread the DV love and get other folks, outlets, etc, to start saying fuck you to the twatterstorm sjw bullshit.

What I am waiting for, is a film, not a standup special, by someone like Danny McBride making fun of all this twatter, sjw bullshit. You know it's coming. One of the studios will have the balls, if not, it will be an independent film, and if it's good, will become a cult classic.

i.e. Idiocracy

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The best part is the French actor

Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This is germane to the conversatiom. Pick it up at the 14 minute mark for the meat of the conversation. At the 45 minute mark- "How do we push back?"

From 14:00 to the end, is worth your time.

From February of this year
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DUU70CdSIFk" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

This is excellent. I watched it again the next day.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
And here's some input by Crowder

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Screenshot_20190910-141417_Twitter by redstone71, on Flickr

This message has been edited. Last edited by: redstone,

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3575 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
quote:
Originally posted by bigmule:
Dave is one hilarious comic. I have a lot of respect for him, especially being unique and against the grain.

No matter that, survivors of sexual abuse will not be down with the opening segment...

"The King of pop sucked my dick...." ain't funny.

Making a joke about something awful doesn’t mean he supports the awful act. It doesn’t mean that he doesn’t have genuine sympathy for those victims. It doesn’t mean he’s a bad person who should be canceled. It means he’s a comic who made a joke. Now what? Be offended if you want, but that’s on you, not him imo.

People need to get over themselves and quit thinking others shouldn’t say what offends themselves.

It was all funny to the audience until he brought it home with “and I know that better than 50% of all of you here been molested.” It got quiet quickly. That honestly illustrates it perfectly for me: people truly want to laugh at the horrible shit in their life for a minute instead of being made to focus on how it makes them a victim. They were fine laughing about it until the ringmaster said “and here you, see, I hold the mirror up to thee.” I mean, at one end of it, I get that people who have been through horrible shit should not be mocked for such. But here, he’s giving victims a chance to laugh as well. “Well, I guess I dealt with it better than these guys that did the documentary. After all, they got a blowjob from Michael Jackson. All I got was a bleeding asshole from cousin from my cousin Joel. Fuck it, I’ll laugh. You guys can have your movie contract, I’ll keep living life with my healed asshole.”

He was dead-on the whole time. I had a hard time watching the epilogue because he was smoking for much of it and I got distracted with what he was thinking and where his mind was going that he had to re-light so often. Found myself heavily distracted with that, as a former smoker. But his segment about Daphne hit right home for so many reasons. I was glad to see Daphne in the credits.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite bits:

"What does it actually mean to be equal? You know what I mean? Like, if women are actually equal to men, then there would be no WNBA, would there? You would just be good enough to play in the NBA with us.

Or, here’s another idea that’s going to be very controversial, you could… shut the fuck up. I’m sorry, ladies. I just… I got a fucking Me Too headache."

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That tweet from Norm Macdonald is great. His comments are high praise, coming from one of the greatest comedians of our time. And Norm is right- if you are a comedian or are trying to be a comedian and you don't recognize Chappelle's talent, you should change careers, because you are blind and at your core, really not funny.

Banned
posted Hide Post
His comment on guns is a true demonstration of his comedic genius. Of course we don't agree with his point of view, but the idea, and the way he constructed the joke is brilliant.

in short: "Every able-bodied African-American must register for a legal firearm. That’s the only way they’ll change the law.”

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigmule:
Dave is one hilarious comic. I have a lot of respect for him, especially being unique and against the grain.

No matter that, survivors of sexual abuse will not be down with the opening segment...

"The King of pop sucked my dick...." ain't funny.

It won't ever be.

Here's my $.02 worth-
I watched it.
I found it (it= pretty much the whole show) funny as all hell, and laughed my ass off. I found a lot of it spot on.

Up until the end, where Dave was all "gaga" over the last asshole we had in the White House. But I think I get it: Dave's black, that asshole is black (well, 1/2), so it might be a "Black" thing. I'm not into it, but apparently it's Dave's thing.

One of the things I also realized was, while I was watching it... No one held a gun to my head and told me to fuckin laugh. No one told me I couldn't pause it and go to the bathroom.

I had this freedom to come and go, laugh, not laugh... Hell, I was pretty much able to turn it off if I wanted to. (Not gonna lie, I turned off his last show about half way through, because I didn't find it funny, and was kinda disappointed)

I think that if a feminist, transvestite, a sexual abuse survivor, or someone deeply involved in the good old "Fake White Hate Crimes" finds Dave Chappelle's humor "degrading", "humiliating", "offensive", they can turn it off too.

I also think the public has spoken about this special, and they find it funny as hell too...
There's a few folks (mostly critics) that have their panties all in a bunch over this one, a few of them might be sexual assault survivors too.

What's that quote?
It's not the critic that counts...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Just last night, I have friends texting me: You have to see this comedy special by Dave Chapelle. . .

It is making the rounds, it is gaining momentum.

His use of logic is phenomenal. Even the gun control stuff. If they (the black community) all arm themselves then they will change the law. i.e. they will now fear the black community and all of a sudden they will seriously want the law changed.
i.e. those with guns have the true power.

He created a logical argument against suicide, cancel culture, feminism, abortion, gun control, LGBT, without ever actually saying he is against them but by simply using logical arguments that are funny.
It is just genius.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3575 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
His bit on confronting an intruder with a shotgun is the second best on the internet. Some nudity. No petroleum jelly.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3619 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
His bit on confronting an intruder with a shotgun is the second best on the internet. Some nudity. No petroleum jelly.

That is one of the funniest things I have ever read, "but the jar is empty . . ."

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, I created a thread called "Give us your chack-chack speech", or something to that effect. In TV shows or movies, after racking a shell into the chamber of a shotgun, characters sometimes make a little speech or say a cute phrase, like chack-chack "I'm gonna blow your spleen clear to Missouri" or chack-chack "Did you kiss your momma goodbye? You should have. It was the last chance you had."

Well, there were some good ones, but airsoftguy owned the contest so much that there was no contest. Someone has a text of his chack-chack speech and will post it, I'm sure.