SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dave Chappelle- Sticks and Stones
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dave Chappelle- Sticks and Stones Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
If you have a Netflix account, go check out Chappelle's new special, Sticks and Stones. If you've never had a Netflix account, you can join and have the first month free. Now would be a good time to do so.

You will be offended. You will not care at all for some of the things he says, but you know what? You will not die. Being offended will not kill you and will not irrevocably alter your life. You will survive the horror of listening to someone who has a different perspective than you. At the same time, Chappelle will say much with which you will agree. You should stick around to the end of this one hour show to hear what he says. Dave's gonna bring it back around for you at the end, and you will laugh throughout his show.

He's a funny man and he displays courage in this show, although I hear that some people think he's just "looking to be cancelled.". These are someone's actual words in their commentary on his show. And this from someone who probably denies that there is such a thing as 'cancel culture'.

So, go be offended. Stick it out for the entire show. Don't bail.

You're welcome

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
I've always enjoyed Chappelle's brand of comedy. Was happy to see him start to get back out there after removing himself from public view for several years after his show ended.

He has a unique perspective, is unapologetic about many issues close to him and calls out a lot of the stupidity on both sides of things.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He has always been an intelligent guy. If I remember correctly his Dad was a College Professor. I think he stopped doing the show because he got tired of being told to perfrom racial humor, that he did not think was funny. He also did not like it when people mimicked the Rick James shtick when he was out with his family. Look forward to seeing this.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
His show on comedy central has always cracked me up. After he disappeared for a few years and came back with his stand up... I switched it off after the first 15 minutes. He really had a black power/ militant feel about him and the comedy was far off from what I remember.

I'll check this out however.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’ve always enjoyed Chapelle and his brand in your face comedy. I’ve never been offended by it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, if you're like me, you'll reach for your mouse two or three times to turn off the show. Do as I did and resist the urge. We gotta start somewhere.
quote:
Originally posted by shiftyvtec:
After he disappeared for a few years and came back with his stand up... I switched it off after the first 15 minutes. He really had a black power/ militant feel about him...
Yeah, Dave's got another dose of that for ya. If you want to laugh, you gotta take the bad with the good.

Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
I'll power through. Watching it now.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Nice! Love me some Chapelle. I’ll check it out!

Here’s one of his skits from his show that is HILARIOUSLY offensive.

Even black comics can’t get away with this anymore. Enjoy.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
It is indeed both hilarious and shocking at the same time. Hopefully other high-profile entertainers will follow in his footsteps as far as being brave and unapologetic in their humor, and for holding reasonable opinions.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Chappelle is hilarious. Clayton Bigsby the black white supremacist is possibly the best skit comedy I have ever seen.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
That was good, more like the Dave I remember. I especially liked the French actor bit.

LoL.

Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Watched it earlier today as I had seen some sjw’s upset about it. Well worth the watch, was freakin hilarious. I loved the Chappelle show and this had me laughing just as hard.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
***NOTE*** After it completes, there is a 22 min. Epilogue worth watching. It shows up under Trailers and More.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I just started watching it and almost woke my youngest up with my laughter. He is one funny human being.

When he disappeared years back my brother told me that my nieces went to school with Chappelle’s kids in Yellow Springs, OH. My brother said he saw him almost everyday and that no one ever bothered him....well...except for that white guy trespassing on his property

Posts: 3442 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
I watched it earlier tonight and I hope he does a few more Netflix shows soon!

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Par for his course. Been watching him since Def Comedy Jam. He offends every time, and it’s awesome.

His previous Netflix special he talked about some Asian woman getting offended at one of his shows. He was making jokes about being married to an Asian woman. Some Asian woman in a bi-racial marriage or whatever it’s called now, stood up, started bitching, being offended, etc. He said something to the effect of “Lady! My wife is Asian!” These SJW fucks would have no say if people would just ignore their bullshit. It’s the Twatter warriors and too many people and companies bend to them. They need to tell these millions of idiots to get bent.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
Dave Chappelle's shotgun advice > Joe Bidden's shotgun advice

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Replacement Tommel:
Dave Chappelle's shotgun advice > Joe Bidden's shotgun advice
Just how do you figure that? That's not at all what Chappelle said. That whole bit about buying the shotgun and then using it was hilarious.

Biden babbles about capping off shots into the air and has probably never held a shotgun in his life. Chappelle is a comedian telling a joke and very good at it. Biden is a politician and, pathetically, was serious with his dumbass advice. How is this the same thing?

Hell, Chappelle was even talking about candy-caning the shells in his scattergun. It's supposed to be buckshot/slug/buckshot/slug, not birdshot/buckshot and so forth, but, still, it was funny.

Chappelle is funny as Hell. Biden is nothing more than a hypocritical half-wit with a Secret Service detail to do his shooting for him.

**edit**

Oh, wait, never mind. Reading is fundamental. My apologies, RT. It's late. Time to go to bed. Fatigue has made me go all Biden.

Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Watched it tonight. He's still sharp. Very entertaining.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm posting this without watching it, so if it sucks, it's not my fault.