SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dave Chappelle- Sticks and Stones
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dave Chappelle- Sticks and Stones Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
I am a +36 y.o. chick.
Well, uh, what are you wearing?

Posts: 107500 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Lol, watching it for the fourth time getting ready for bed..laughing my ass off.
“No such thing as a free trip to Hawaii”..

“But if I was”.... I’m dying..

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5306 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
Lol, watching it for the fourth time getting ready for bed..laughing my ass off.

If you haven't watched his previous stuff, we need to make you a watch list...

Here is a funny skit from his CC days.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20814 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
he didn't take an official position on abortion...he just pointed out what he finds amusing about the debate.

I think he actually did, in a somewhat subtle way, or at least a way that slid past a lot of people because it wasn’t a big punchline.

"If you can kill this motherf***er, I can at least abandon him! It's my money, my choice. And if I'm wrong, then perhaps we're wrong. Figure that s*** out for yourselves."

I don’t for a second think he really believes fathers shouldn’t be held financially responsible for their children. He expects us to know the abandonment position is wrong, and he was just holding it up as a mirror to the “right to choose” position.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I don't know whether it has already been posted, but John Nolte has a really excellent article about Chappelle, "Dave Chappelle Just Might Save America."

https://www.breitbart.com/ente...-might-save-america/

And if he does, he's getting some great help from Ricky Gervais on his special "Humanity." Hilarious and brilliant-- and brave and important.

The pushback against the Thought Police has begun, and it's interesting that it's being led by two very funny-- and generally leftist-- comedians.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
“Juicy Smolier” Big Grin

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by esdunbar:
he didn't take an official position on abortion...he just pointed out what he finds amusing about the debate.

Well kinda of. He did say if you've got a dick, you've got no say. Then he went into the "my money my choice" deal.

All funny stuff, but damn, I've not heard the N word used that much. He used it to describe just about everyone, black, white, male, female young and old. No discrimination there. And I though his oriental face was hilarious.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:

Well kinda of. He did say if you've got a dick, you've got no say. Then he went into the "my money my choice" deal.

All funny stuff, but damn, I've not heard the N word used that much. He used it to describe just about everyone, black, white, male, female young and old. No discrimination there. And I though his oriental face was hilarious.

Growing up "in da hood" as the saying goes, most of my friends were ethnic. Our commonality was poverty. I have lots of black friends to this day and the n word with az at the end instead of er is used quit frequently in description of lots of different colors of people, both male and female, usually in an upset or angry fashion. Examples "I had to go and talk to those niggaz at the school about my kid" referring to parent/teacher conferences. Or "I'm tired of these niggaz on the streets with their phones" describing anyone smartphone driving. And one that came up this week with a friend "I'm tired of these niggaz at UPS, where is my shit?"

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12620 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:

Growing up "in da hood" as the saying goes, most of my friends were ethnic. Our commonality was poverty. I have lots of black friends to this day and the n word with az at the end instead of er is used quit frequently in description of lots of different colors of people, both male and female, usually in an upset or angry fashion. Examples "I had to go and talk to those niggaz at the school about my kid" referring to parent/teacher conferences. Or "I'm tired of these niggaz on the streets with their phones" describing anyone smartphone driving. And one that came up this week with a friend "I'm tired of these niggaz at UPS, where is my shit?"

Funny on stage... but I have a hard time rapping my head around this in real life. I can't say I never use the word in my entire life, but early life in the Navy exposed me to all ends of the spectrum. It was odd at first but living with people for months on end you forget about color. They were just Joe, or Albert or David...Cured me of any racist in me.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Liberals Clarify They Only Want Black Voices To Be Heard When They're Saying Liberal Things

link

U.S.—After some confusion was expressed by casual observers of apparent hypocrisy in their denunciation of Dave Chappelle's most recent comedy special, liberals from around the country clarified that they only want black voices to be heard when those voices are saying liberal-approved things.

The offended white progressives asked black comedian Dave Chappelle to "keep it down" and "maybe not talk so much" after his comments made them feel uncomfortable, sources confirmed Thursday.

"Yeah, we're glad you're a minority and we're happy that your black voice is being heard," said Zender Mollison, 32, Portland, he/him, in an open letter to Chappelle. "But you're not saying the right things." Mollison then offered to send Chappelle a list of the things that are OK for black people to say, such as that white people are evil, that everyone should be canceled for literally anything they tweeted a decade ago, and that Donald Trump is Hitler.

"When black people agree with me, I very much want their voices to be heard," said Helga Bannerman, 28, Portland, she/they/her/xen. "When they don't agree with me, they're pretty much just not black anymore. They're basically an evil white person like me at that point. And the last thing we need on this planet is more white people like Dave Chappelle."

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Guys, we need to mark satire as satire when we post it, please.

At the head of your post should appear 'satire' or 'from a satirical site'

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
If you all are going to post something from the Babylon Bee, please say it's from there in your post. I read 2-3 paragraphs in then think to myself, this is bullshit, click on link to find out it's from the Bee. Super annoying. Easily solved by replacing word 'Link' with Babylon Bee, Fox News, CNN, HufPo, WaPo, NYT, Examiner, etc.

EDIT Looks like the one with the authority to make this comment, was commenting at same time as me.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20814 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys. I'll use skins' idea from now on.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Some members aren't familiar with the names of these satirical sites, so, saying that it's from the Babylon Bee or the Onion is insufficient. Please mark all such posts as 'satire' or 'from a satirical site'.

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Someone on YouTube posted the Q&A section of the special. I'm not embedding it because when it comes down because of copyright infringement, it'll look ugly on the page if embedded.

https://youtu.be/iwXME9DmigI

It’s available on Netflix, just look for Epilogue in More Trailers while on the main screen of the show.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Not everyone subscribes to Netflix. I haven't been a subscriber for over a year.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Dave is one hilarious comic. I have a lot of respect for him, especially being unique and against the grain.

No matter that, survivors of sexual abuse will not be down with the opening segment...

"The King of pop sucked my dick...." ain't funny.

It won't ever be.

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigmule:
Dave is one hilarious comic. I have a lot of respect for him, especially being unique and against the grain.

No matter that, survivors of sexual abuse will not be down with the opening segment...

Making a joke about something awful doesn’t mean he supports the awful act. It doesn’t mean that he doesn’t have genuine sympathy for those victims. It doesn’t mean he’s a bad person who should be canceled. It means he’s a comic who made a joke. Now what? Be offended if you want, but that’s on you, not him imo.

People need to get over themselves and quit thinking others shouldn’t say what offends themselves.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigmule:

It won't ever be.
I do believe that you've missed the point by a country mile. Chappelle also said - in essence- that if Jackson is guilty of these crimes, "so what?". Go back and watch that segment again.
Chappelle is not only an intelligent man. He's also a father. Is there any parent in this day and age that has not considered the horror of their child being molested, and this would, of course, include Chappelle?

Chappelle does not think that child molestation is OK. But, there's something else he doesn't believe, which is that no one has the right to put limitations on a comedian telling jokes and it would follow that this would extend to non-comedians expressing their views publicly. This was why he was on that stage. That entire hour was the man defying all the pissing, whining SJWs.

I don't wish to overstate this, but anyone who cares about the First Amendment, anyone who loves this country, and anyone who is completely fed up with one disaffected group in this country trying to control the speech, behavior, and even the thoughts of everyone else in the world, owes this man a huge thanks. I mean this, most sincerely. He is our ally. He is our friend. He is trying to push this nation back on course. God bless him.

You have to get past your disgust for things he says, and look to the intent of his jokes. If you can't, you're not helping yourself.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I just finished it. Laughed a couple of times. Was offended by nothing. Not every joke was a winner, but overall very entertaining. Would recommend.

Posts: 2009 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post