SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dave Chappelle- Sticks and Stones
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dave Chappelle- Sticks and Stones Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Chappelle is hilarious. I love that he is openly sticking to his guns as regards his style and what he "can" say.

My favorite old Chappelle sketches are "keeping it real" and the "how much do you know black people" quiz show.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
watched about 2/3 of it last night. some very good stuff. much better than his earlier netflix "comeback" shows, I though. I've always been a big fan.

"Uh Renee, I'm not a nigger, either." <---- Amazing

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10473 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that was great, wasn't it? Talk about exposing a person's prejudice.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I and the wife have this on queue for Friday night.
My favorites of his were his Charlie Murphy with Rick James skits.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm sure there's an army of leftists digging through Chappelle's life right now looking for something, ANYTHING to get him cancelled and off the air.
Roll Eyes

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I'm sure there's an army of leftists digging through Chappelle's life right now looking for something, ANYTHING to get him cancelled and off the air.
Roll Eyes

Well I think that was a giant fuck you to cancel culture. He's rich beeach!!! they can't take him down. He would just go back to his family and play scrooge McDuck with all his money. He can't be cancelled, because he don't give a fuck.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I've clicked past that numerous times and never watched. Going on my list.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it. I told my wife that while I probably disagree with his politics he seems to be someone that the disagreement would be an enjoyable and perhaps enlightening discussion. Plus he was just straight up funny.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
I've clicked past that numerous times and never watched. Going on my list.

This particular one just came out.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And don't forget that Netflix has a vote up/down system now. If you like Chappele's show, click the thumbs up for it. Let Netflix know that you didn't die from the shock of hearing ideas which are considered offensive and which with perhaps you do not agree. Believe me, they pay attention to that rating system, because it tells them that perhaps they should provide more such content to their subscribers, which means, for us, a kick in the ass to all the whiney, perpetually-offended SJWs.

Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^ Good point. I gave it the thumbs up right after it was over, and I think that's the only thing I've ever bothered to rate on Netflix.

The fact that the only critics' reviews at rotten tomatoes are all negative only makes me laugh even more. (the green splat is like a thumbs down)

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Roll Eyes

Well I think that was a giant fuck you to cancel culture. He's rich beeach!!! they can't take him down. He would just go back to his family and play scrooge McDuck with all his money. He can't be cancelled, because he don't give a fuck.

Read up on where he lives and has for years. He lives in the country away from Hollywood and all that bullshit.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
I just watched it. I thought it was great! Kind of like Richard Pryor but timely to today.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I watched it last night. What I've always loved about both Chappelle and Chris Rock is that I feel like they're both very, very smart people who are also very, very funny. They speak about things in a way that make me go, "well that's an interesting angle" and they do it while cracking me up.

I appreciate people who see things from an interesting angle. For example, his abortion part of that show. I'm Catholic and pro-life. When he said if you have a dick, you should stay out of it, my initial thought was to start arguing with him. But then he drops, however, the man has the right to not pay for it. I think the quote was, "if you have the right to kill it, I have the right to abandon it." Note, he didn't take an official position on abortion...he just pointed out what he finds amusing about the debate.

Sure it was funny, but it was also brilliant in its thought process imo. They want to say it's a woman's choice, but is it a man's choice to not pay for it then? He used his comedy to point out to both sides, if they're willing to listen and think about what his jokes a little more, is that no one side is all that correct. And if you think about it, if you're gonna shout about "choice" then you have to allow the man's choice as well do you not?

He kind of did the same thing with guns. I hate them...but I kinda like having them for protection. And I literally bursted out laughing when he imitated the store clerk hold up the box and shacking it after "which one do you want." Hilarious and thought provoking at the same time.

As was quoted earlier his line "well Renee, I'm not a nigger either" was a perfect example as well. Homosexuals can't be called names, but black folks can? what's up with that? It makes no sense intellectually and he thinks it's funny in a ridiculous kind of way...and I laughed too.

I don't think he's trying to merely be shocking for the sake of making a buck. I think he's a really, really smart guy and thinks about these things as the truly complex issues they are, and he finds humor in watching people trying to make them so simple. My guess is he finds humor in people being triggered by it...it's his exact point.

I enjoyed getting his perspective on things and laughed my ass off in the process.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Here's a very positive review that seems to hit the mark.

https://www.breitbart.com/ente...-might-save-america/

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed it. 3 times now. He makes me laugh, and I am a +36 y.o. chick. Wink I found it well put together, and well thought out.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Thought it was hilarious. I liked his story of the tv censors that told him he couldn't say faggot because he wasn't gay but implied he could say nigger because he was black.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

Read up on where he lives and has for years. He lives in the country away from Hollywood and all that bullshit.

That was my exact point also he's rich and DGAF.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
I enjoyed it. 3 times now. He makes me laugh, and I am a +36 y.o. chick. Wink I found it well put together, and well thought out.

Eek

Posts: 2927 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post