SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    National LEAD (Law Enforcement Appreciation Day) Karma >>> *** Winner = BennerP220 *** <<<
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

National LEAD (Law Enforcement Appreciation Day) Karma >>> *** Winner = BennerP220 *** <<< Login/Join 
Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
Most generous guy on Interwebz!
Local cop since 86, I think I qualify
Story to follow tonight deer related
Steve

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please include me. Going on 24 years as a LEO, currently with the highway patrol. And as this is a karma, I’ll share one of my stories where I witnessed instant karma.

I was working Christmas Eve many years ago and observed a lady driving without her seat belt. I stopped her, with the intention of just giving her a verbal warning to make sure she got where she was going safely. As I approached the car I didn’t get to say one word as she started the conversation with, “I can’t f...ing believe you’re stopping me on Christmas Eve.” So I went ahead and ran a check on her. Came back with a felony warrant for her arrest issued...12/23. So she got to go to jail and her car went to car jail. If she had remained polite, I wouldn’t have even run her license.

Posts: 176 | Registered: May 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please add me to the list.

19 years with the state police.

Posts: 7 | Registered: July 31, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Would love a chance however since I am A Full time RVer without a permanent resident address I am hog tied. You sir are quite generous. Thank you for your the offer.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome Karma. Although I’m a new man on the block I have many (28 years) of law enforcement experience and Like others I have a number of stories.
Winters in the Twin Cities can be brutal. They are snowy and cold and often below zero. Squads were washed, more like de-salted at the end of shift and placed in a heated garage with the doors left open so the carpet mats etc. could dry out when not in use.
Early the next morning a field training officer and his new rookie checked the squad and it’s equipment then went into service.
Less then a block from the garage the rookie grabbed grabbed his inner thigh and began screaming to the FTO to stop. We all know rookies are to be seen and not heard unless asked a question.
The rookie was out of control having ripped his seatbelt off with his free hand and kept after the FTO to stop.
Once stopped the rookie jumped from the squad and on the shoulder of the road was able to remove two of the keepers for his duty belt with one hand while still holding his inner thigh with his right hand.
The FTO unhappy with his new rookie managed to get around to the passenger side of the squad as the rookie dropped his pants. A small amount of blood rang from beneath the rookies underwear.
Still holding his inner thigh the rookie used his left hand to remove a very dead, bloody, squeezed to death mouse.
What a way to start a career.

Posts: 3 | Registered: December 10, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please include me. I am a detective in a violent crimes unit with special training in computer forensics. I have been involved in too many child crimes lately so my stories are about things that should not exist in this wold.

Posts: 516 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: October 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BradleyS
posted Hide Post
Please add in to your most generous offer.
I retired after 31 years service.
Brad

Isaiah 6:8

Posts: 618 | Location: Salisbury | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
*** Winner = BennerP2220 ***. Congratulations!
Thank you all for the interesting stories, and thank you to all LEOs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 12131,

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much, Q!!

I am so surprised and cannot tell you how happy I am to win this. I felt like a small kid again when I woke up and saw your email. This P228 will be given a good home and family.

Thank you, again Q, the forum and the great members here.

Posts: 3442 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Thanks 12131 for your generosity overall! Thanks for this thread in particular, I enjoyed the stories!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Congratulations BennerP220!

And a huge thank-you to 12131 for an incredible karma!

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Congratulations BennerP220!!!!!!

Thanks Q for honoring our LEO's

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Benner. I went back and read your story. I’m glad you found your sense of worth again and are healing.

I’m in my 5 year slump right now. Doesn’t sound nearly as rough as what you went through, but there Some days I wonder why I bother doing the job. Most days are good, but some days drag on and makes me wonder what I’m sacrificing and why.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 811 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

I have been there. It’s like anything I guess, good days and bad. My advice is to keep going and taking it day by day. My dad always said, “ It’s always darkest before dawn.” (Not that you are in a super bad place). Life has a way of showing you why you’re doing what you’re doing; especially in this kind of work. There was a time when it was all I could to get up out of bed, get ready for work and drive in to the post. I am thankful that I made it past that but I also know that if I ever get that way again, I’m going to ask for help. My family deserves that from me. I have realized that I haven’t lived some of the best days of my life yet. Please feel free to reach out to if ever you need anything even just to vent.

Winning this karma certainly hasn’t hurt anything Wink . I’ve been smiling all day and all I can think about is getting more ammo because I can’t wait to take my kids out and shoot this beautiful piece of Sig art! Now, if you’ll excuse me, I gotta go find a short trigger....(what a great issue to have!)
quote:
Originally posted by Revolution37:
Congrats, Benner. I went back and read your story. I’m glad you found your sense of worth again and are healing.

I’m in my 5 year slump right now. Doesn’t sound nearly as rough as what you went through, but there Some days I wonder why I bother doing the job. Most days are good, but some days drag on and makes me wonder what I’m sacrificing and why.

Posts: 3442 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
BennerP220, Congrats!

12131, thank you for your generosity. You're a hell of a guy!

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
The P228 arrived today and it’s absolutely beautiful! I couldn’t help myself so I took it straight out to the range and promptly fired four magazines worth through her. She performed perfectly as I suspected she would. Q sent it with a short trigger so there was nothing else to do but shoot it. I cannot wait to get more trigger time with her.

Thank you, again, Q, for your amazing generosity and for making me smile ear to ear. Big Grin