SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I opened the door and smoked em. Vet shoots robbers.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I opened the door and smoked em. Vet shoots robbers. Login/Join 
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted
Smoke em if ya got em.

https://bearingarms.com/jenn-j...n=nl_pm&newsletterad

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Is my 10yr old 229 considered an Old Timey pistol? Big Grin

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think we should chip in and buy him a pistol!

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1125 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmorris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Irving heard a tap on his front door and when he walked up to open the door, “that’s when he shot me,” he said.

quote:
All three have been charged with assault second-degree, robbery first-degree, burglary first-degree and shooting into an occupied dwelling.

Seems to me none of those charges are serious enough when they were trying to kill him and had already shot him.

Posts: 481 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I agree. Electrify 'em.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Semper Fi!

Good shoot, and to be bad they lived to see another day.

Posts: 13677 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
The only mistake he made was not having his gun in his hand when he first answered the door.

Still, he did good. Salute!

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket:
The only mistake he made was not having his gun in his hand when he first answered the door.

Still, he did good. Salute!

Yep, he should have never been at the door unarmed knowing his previous encounter.

Posts: 4098 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Amen Floyd

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Would have helped if he was armed, but I love this comment:

“I learned that in the Marine Corps. You react and do before you get scared. Always react and do it before you get time to get scared.”

You fight with you got, and you aren't always prepared. The mindset he had let him "smoke'em".

Hope he beats that cancer.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post