SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mystery Box Karma *Sock Eating Golden is the new winner!*
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 40
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mystery Box Karma *Sock Eating Golden is the new winner!* Login/Join 
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
Just a quick update. I've been rediculously busy between work, watching the kids, and in the fields with the puppy. WAY to difficult to go through the box with the boys around. What's that?!? I want that!!! Daddy a shark jet!

So I'll go through it shortly and send it to a new home. With two of my aircraft down for maintenance it has to slow down... right?

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
TTT

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I think at over a month, it's time to move this on. I had forgotten it even existed.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delmag Tech
posted Hide Post
This is pretty disappointing. I sent an email reminder to Nick before Christmas with no reply.

Posts: 742 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
FWIW -

I sincerely hope all is well in Nick's world. He has been public about some of the challenges in his home life and for obvious reasons this is a terrible time of the year for him emotionally.

I see he has not posted since before Thanksgiving-

Be well sir - check in when you can.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
Hey guys. First my sincerest apologies. It's been a tough go this past eight weeks or so. First Christmas is David's birthday. I hate the lead up to the holidays. I truly hate Christmas right now. I try to put up a facade for the boys. But, I really just want to be left alone by everyone. Most don't truly understand my answer to, "how was your holidays?" I "survived." To the very letter of the definition.

Complicating matters, I work in air freight. The holidays are busy for all. It's down right insane in our world. Every plane, every pilot, every day. I've been pulling 12-18 hour shifts every day. Some from home, most in the dispatch office. I am the Chief Dispatcher with a very green department. For most this was their first holiday season. In the part 135 priority air world things change minute by minute. Airplanes bulk out, go overweight, weather issues. It all requires constant attention while maintaining plans B through Z to keep this crap moving. Nearly all of our flights are over the Northern border so toss Customs issues into the mix as well.

Generally these couple weeks after New Years are much slower and we get a respite from the insanity of the Valentine's Day rush that looms. This year not so much. Our shippers haven't skipped a beat. We are still every plane, every pilot, every day.

Worse, Kimber has mentally/emotionally checked out. I can't blame her. Some days I do as well.

For the past ten weeks I've been working, sleeping, or watching the kids. Sometimes sleeping while watching the kids.

The box is in my home office. I plan on getting it moving again shortly.

Thank you for the well wishes and your patience.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
We're here for you Nick. Don't stress out over us.
Aloha

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Nick, thank you for your post.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Nick, it is good to hear from you. Please keep on. Amongst others, I was worried. My ex's little sister passed as a child. Nicole was like my little sister when I was in high school. I've seen what you have to face, and I wish you and Kimber as well as the rest of your family the strength to get through each day with health.

Greg

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bob ramberg
posted Hide Post
How much time has to go by before you can get back in?

Bob
Carpe Scrotum

Posts: 1366 | Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Madiganistan | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bob ramberg:
How much time has to go by before you can get back in?

My "guess" would be once everybody listed has won.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Approaching 3 months now.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Peace be with you Nick.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Approaching 3 months now.

Bump.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delmag Tech
posted Hide Post
C'mon Nick. Please put the box back in circulation. Just tape it up regardless of what item you took or replaced. Ill paypal you the shipping costs, whatever they may be.

Posts: 742 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
He has not checked into the forum since his last post. I just sent him an e-mail with a link to this thread.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Any word from Nick?

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Any word from Nick?

Still shows January as being his last post, hopefully everything is ok.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
He has not checked into the forum since his last post. I just sent him an e-mail with a link to this thread.

I sent him an e-mail some time ago, no response.

This box went on for years longer than the last one. Sadly, I think it ends here.

Disappointing. It did not need to end this way.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I sent him an e-mail some time ago, no response.

This box went on for years longer than the last one. Sadly, I think it ends here.

Disappointing. It did not need to end this way.

Frown I never even got a chance to put stuff into it.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post