SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mystery Box Karma *Sock Eating Golden is the new winner!*
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 40
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mystery Box Karma *Sock Eating Golden is the new winner!* Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Thank you for responding KevinCW, I can understand your being embarrassed about holding onto "the box" for six weeks without saying anything.

The generosity of the fine membership here seems to have helped create some of the problems encountered lately. I was the first winner of "the box", and after I picked what I wanted, I replaced the items with a little more than I took. It was still very much in the "flat rate" shipping category. Obviously, a lot of other winners have also done the same, and added "a little more than I took" to the box.

Apparently this thread needs a new name now, such as "The Mystery Crate Karma".

I would suggest that winners not put as much back in the box, until it finally gets back down to a manageable size. Accept what you won graciously, but keep the size of the contents in mind when you re-karma The box.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
If it's that big the next person after Kevin takes the time to split it into two boxes.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of doublecorona
posted Hide Post
I would like to enter this awesome karma. I will respond quickly and get the box back in circulation as quickly as I can. I am not traveling as much as I used to for work.

Deplorable NRA Life Member

Posts: 1050 | Location: Where my mind is not | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
If it's that big the next person after Kevin takes the time to split it into two boxes.

I was just thinking that - limit it to a large flat-rate box. If it gets to be larger than that, it gets split in two and two winners are drawn. ?

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
It was big. And heavy. And expensive to mail. So what. That's part of the fun of it.

Win the box, take a look, put some stuff back in and re-karma the doggone thing. Don't hang onto it. Keeping it moving is what makes the whole concept cool. That bad boy has been all over the U.S.

Hey, anyone know what dosborn81 is up to?

Posts: 1958 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I think breaking this up into two separate karmas will complicate this more. I signed up knowing the box will be heavy and expensive to ship, and I plan to re-box it, if needed, as others have done.

I agree with the suggestions made concerning communication.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
mutedblade wins the karmanator.

mutedblade, if you want the box, email your shipping address and take this box.

If not, let me know and I'll pick another winner.

Thanks.

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Kevin, I am still in. Email to follow once I get home from the vet. Thank you.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Email with contact info sent.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Glad to see this still going. Put me in the "keep it as one box" camp.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15315 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to check in with everyone and let them know that Kevin emailed me stating he'll get the package to me once his work schedule allows. Remember folks, he's a very busy guy, in probably one of the toughest places to be a cop in this country right now.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Just wanted to check in with everyone and let them know that Kevin emailed me stating he'll get the package to me once his work schedule allows. Remember folks, he's a very busy guy, in probably one of the toughest places to be a cop in this country right now.

I was just about to update this...

It is going out to you in the morning (or at least, MY morning, which will be tomorrow afternoon).

Thanks for your understanding mutedblade.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please add me to the list!

-----------------------
be safe.

Posts: 260 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: June 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
It looks like while I was visiting my dad yesterday, the Karma fairy visited me and left a present on my porch. After looking through the box, I have decided to keep: EVERYTHING Razz

Ah, wait a minute, that's not how this karma thing works....Probably just brought a little bad karma my way just joking about it Eek Confused

The Karmanator has spoken
The winner is: Sock Eating Golden
The winner's id number is: 72260143

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mutedblade,

Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Nick.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
SWEET! Thank you mutedblade and the Karmonator!

I'm still in and just responded to the email.

Need to start looking for some things to add back!

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
The package is now in the hands of the USPS on to the next destination. I sent you the tracking details SEG.

posted Hide Post
Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to finding it on the porch. I've already warned the wife, "A box is coming. I didn't buy anything."

Then explained the take and give back karma that's been running for two years.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sock Eating Golden:
Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to finding it on the porch. I've already warned the wife, "A box is coming. I didn't buy anything."

Then explained the take and give back karma that's been running for two years.

You might end up with a box of panties like vtail did......LOLOL

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got the box!

Nick

-Capt. Edward Smith