SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Father accidentally shoots son. How do we get the gun safety message out?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Father accidentally shoots son. How do we get the gun safety message out? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stlhead:
The rules of handling fire arms should be mandatory to graduate from middle school.
And every time you buy a firearm, you ought to hear them again. Our range is explicit about them on the sallyport to the firing lines and every year when we rejoin the club.

I also think that as a matter of friendship and good citizenship and maybe an extra sale, new gun customers to a shop ought to get asked, "hey, so where have you been thinking about storing your new All American Lead Slinger?" "Do you have a nightstand safe, or a gun safe or a lockable enclosure?" We know that most guns come with those ridiculous bike lock devices, that get thrown out as soon as the firearm leaves the shop. . .

Never miss the opportunity for a teachable moment. After my ND last year I've become much more thoughtful about things like this.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dresden:

I also think that as a matter of friendship and good citizenship and maybe an extra sale, new gun customers to a shop ought to get asked, "hey, so where have you been thinking about storing your new All American Lead Slinger?" "Do you have a nightstand safe, or a gun safe or a lockable enclosure?"

No, thank you. I imagine I'd never return to a gun store that got into my business like that every time I purchased a firearm.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Curious if this was another case of a Glock owner pulling the trigger on a loaded chamber while following the disassembly process?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post