SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Collaborative Agreement on School Discipline—Broward County School District
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Collaborative Agreement on School Discipline—Broward County School District Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
I don’t think the “Predictable Insanity” thread is the appropriate place for this article and the collaborative agreement.

The first is some good journalism that uncovered a Collaborative Agreement between Broward School District, law enforcement, the mayor’s office and judicial system to lower arrest rates in schools. It’s eye opening.

Link

This is the Collaborative Agreement itself. Abdication of responsibilities at the altar of political correctness.

https://www.scribd.com/documen...on-School-Discipline

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I haven't taken the time to delve any further into this than the link you posted but, if the information is correct (I have no reason to believe otherwise at this point) this is systemic corruption at the local administrative, school, and law enforcement level.

The collaborative agreement is not even a tool of incompetence, bad as that would be...it is an intentional dereliction of public trust and responsibility...and not coincidentally, a policy based in Leftist based corruption and ideology.

No wonder there is so much finger pointing and scape-goating going on in the aftermath of this tragic shooting. I'm hoping that some heads will roll once the public learns about this...and I'm talking about heads much higher on the totem pole than the responding deputies.

Thanks for posting this.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
These type of agreements do two things the leftists want:
1. Attempt to end the "school to prison pipeline".
2. Lower crime rates for the school district, thus lowering the suspension/expulsion rates.

Edited to add this quote from Sheriff Dipshit's bio page :

"Our success will be measured by the number of kids we keep out of jail, not the number we put in jail."
~ Sheriff Scott J. Israel

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Changing the statistics is safer than chasing the criminals, too, and is wonderful at budget time. Everybody can feel good.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
This is amazing, stupid, and predictable, unfortunately.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
These type of agreements do two things the leftists want:
1. Attempt to end the "school to prison pipeline".
2. Lower crime rates for the school district, thus lowering the suspension/expulsion rates.

"Our success will be measured by the number of kids we keep out of jail, not the number we put in jail."
The left is also full of people who studied and revered Saul Alinsky as well as Cloward & Piven. One of their goals was to "Overwhelm the System" so they put inefficiencies everywhere throughout the Local, State, and Federal bureaucracy in order to orchestrate crisis to further their goal of banning guns.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Somewhat telling to see Sheriff Israel posing for a picture with Hillary Clinton...seems to dovetail right in with the collaborative agreement policy.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:

The problem with platitudes is that people tend to interpret them only one way. I doubt there’s a responsible law enforcement official anywhere who would disagree with that statement. But that assumes crimes are being prevented, not ignored or concealed.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

The problem with platitudes is that people tend to interpret them only one way. I doubt there’s a responsible law enforcement official anywhere who would disagree with that statement. But that assumes crimes are being prevented, not ignored or concealed.

True, but if you make a position statement and then do everything you can to make it true, including fixing the books, then you better own up to the result.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
American Thinker also did an article on this. Liberalism, not just a mental disorder but a danger.

https://www.americanthinker.co...7_student_lives.html

Unrolled thread from @TheLastRefuge2
https://threadreaderapp.com/th...854507744374784.html

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I've been reading some links at the 'whatfinger' site posted by Para a while back.

There's some damn bone chilling news-to-me I've never seen elsewhere on a lot of current issues.

Broward county and Sheriff Israel's helper sheriff is of considerable concern. The
'collaborative agreement' extends in ways and places I never would have imagined.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently dated a woman that works as a teacher in a public school system. When this program began under the Obummer Administration, the local school board enacted rules that said that you could ONLY suspend black children a certain number of times each school year. The same rule did NOT apply to any other race. Let that sink in.....

Posts: 1892 | Location: KY | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:

Well, that’s easy-peasy if nothing’s a reportable crime.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGSense:
I recently dated a woman that works as a teacher in a public school system. When this program began under the Obummer Administration, the local school board enacted rules that said that you could ONLY suspend black children a certain number of times each school year. The same rule did NOT apply to any other race. Let that sink in.....

Same program in the Tucson Unified School District. Black and Hispanic get the upper edge. Local TV station did a multi part report on the bias. Showed he down turn in minor and major disciplinary actions from year to year.

Problem down here is no one gives a shit.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
American Thinker also did an article on this. Liberalism, not just a mental disorder but a danger.

https://www.americanthinker.co...7_student_lives.html

Unrolled thread from @TheLastRefuge2
https://threadreaderapp.com/th...854507744374784.html

My wife came across this The Last Refuge 2 thread. I would like some of the LEO's on this board to go through this material and tell us what you think. I don't know anything about this source. If it is a source at all, but some of the documentation provided in this thread is interesting.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
This made the rounds last Monday. It has some of the same content mentioned by The Last Refuge 2. The whole mess goes right back to Comrade Eric Holder fundamentally changing this nation ... into a shithole.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post